This video has no words

Tiffany

Visit site
I know someone who breeds Quarter Horses and none of them have back ends like him?

Is he Quarter horse X?

He seems to be struggling moving freely bless him

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Our retired QH
p1010584.jpg

hnmisty

Visit site
All I can think is that the owner is trying to turn him into such a blubbery whale that she can actually use him as a pirate ship, which is what she appears to be after.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I know someone who breeds Quarter Horses and none of them have back ends like him?

Is he Quarter horse X?

He seems to be struggling moving freely bless him

no, normal quarter horses exist too :). Like Romany's ^^^

He is a 'halter' horse though, different type.

Beausmate

Visit site
Yuk, that's grotesque. Feel sorry for the horse, but yuk.

For those that think these horses are fat, sadly not so. If the horse is fat, it can slim down, these poor things are stuck like it. :(

Google the impressive gene or HYPP and all will be revealed.

Tern

Visit site
QH x

And boy can they bronc when they put their minds to it

What is that by her leg, is it a tail bag or giant poo??

*************************************************************************************************************

The horse is disgusting in the video it flubbers around I do look someones comment about a whale though ;)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
What is that by her leg, is it a tail bag or giant poo??

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The horse is disgusting in the video it flubbers around I do look someones comment about a whale though ;)

lol its a tail bag

TandD

Visit site
No matter what the breed - horses are not meant to look like cows.

current cows aren't really suppose to look like they do...... they have also been selectively bred to be 'square' and have more muscle/meat like these horses, and produce more milk!

so neither animal should look how it does.......

being a dim dressage rider...what do you DO with these odd horses? (appart from increase muscle mass through breeding)

madmav

Visit site
It's also a very annoying video, with its stupid techniques and music. I would have nothing to do with them for that reason. Horse has my sympathy.

dominobrown

Visit site
Its not a fat horse, its a mutated horse, bred for the show ring only (I don't think halter horses are ridden).
'working' quarter horses look normal, though are generally more muscled than TB's, but don't look like freaks.
Unfortunately it is fashion to breed them like this, but halter QH are only in america so the american forum users will be able to explain more.

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Sorry if someone already mentioned but this stallion is a HYPP carrier.

They are supposed to be illegal but they get muscle tremors which make them look like this. They are not "obese" as obesity is used for fatty deposit. They are like heavyweight bodybuilders.

Here is a video of a HYPP horse... they can't help it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZGYxiNOynM

Beausmate

Visit site
Well, muscle (or another attribute) is good, so more muscle (or...) must be better and even more must be better than that!

Sadly happens in far too many show animals (not just horses), bred so much for form, they lose their function. :(

Is the femur very straight too? Their pelvises look tilted back. Wrong wrong wrong.

Fairynuff

Visit site
here's my Quarters bum at 3 years old.

she was on a break so wasn't muscled up

When in full work she was double this, will see if I can find a pic.