Thor.. the emaciated horse from Bissel wood ride

rascal

Visit site
I agree with you. I do wonder if she is a bit 'simple' as they would say in the old days, I'm sure there is a more PC term for it now though. Not that ignorance is any excuse for cruelty ...

In that case, someone should have had a word with her, about the state of horse.

jmd481

Visit site
If my 3 year old can walk into a paddock every day come rain or shine and feed his Shetland and know the reason why we go out and feed her, then any adult who doesn't must be either cruel or is mentally challenged. Then on top of that rides it for 8 miles!! Couldn't live with myself if i was there that day and turned a blind eye!

SusannaF

susannaforrest.wordpress.com
I think she may have got the 20% weight rule the wrong way round...

Somewhere there must have been at least one toady, with the 'Aw hun, don't listen to the haters, you look perfect on him and he's in perfect condition. Them haters are just well jealous, cos they don't know nuffink about horses and especially tbs, and your boy is beautiful. xxx.'

I can't get my head around someone either being so arrogant and stupid or arrogant and selfish, or maybe both...

I've seen that happen in a FB group with plenty of knowledgeable people who should know better. Someone gently – as nicely as possible! – told another woman that she was too heavy for her horse and lots of people rallied round and started talking about anti-fat bullying etc. I think that kind of bullying is real and awful but my god, it's just biology that a horse can't carry every weight you put on him...

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I've seen that happen in a FB group with plenty of knowledgeable people who should know better. Someone gently – as nicely as possible! – told another woman that she was too heavy for her horse and lots of people rallied round and started talking about anti-fat bullying etc. I think that kind of bullying is real and awful but my god, it's just biology that a horse can't carry every weight you put on him...

Yes unfortunately some people care more that someone may have slightly hurt feelings than they do about the welfare of the horse. The sad thing is, they are actually being potentially harmful to the health of the overweight individual by lying to them.

jmd481

Visit site
Poor Thor's condition wasn't down to the riders weight it was plain and simple neglect....... Tho on the other hand even if thor was in top condition she still shouldn't of been riding him....... As i have said before im a larger rider but wouldn't dream of getting on a horse like Thor, and would respect someone if they said to me, they felt i was too big to be on a certain horse. Im also losing weight and im down a stone already as i know my lump of a cob would be happier if i was lighter even tho she's able to carry me with ease....... Alot of people have too much time on there hands and way too much to say! Its quite simple, she is cruel and to fat to ride anything like Thor!

Caracarrie

Visit site
Poor Thor's condition wasn't down to the riders weight it was plain and simple neglect....... Tho on the other hand even if thor was in top condition she still shouldn't of been riding him....... As i have said before im a larger rider but wouldn't dream of getting on a horse like Thor, and would respect someone if they said to me, they felt i was too big to be on a certain horse. Im also losing weight and im down a stone already as i know my lump of a cob would be happier if i was lighter even tho she's able to carry me with ease....... Alot of people have too much time on there hands and way too much to say! Its quite simple, she is cruel and to fat to ride anything like Thor!

Ex-race horses are a. too cheap by far, and b. a status symbol to many people so the fact that that lard-aRse was riding a horse bred for speed and to carry about 9 stone, probably never even crossed her tiny pea-brain powered mind.

Mince Pie

Visit site
Ex-race horses are a. too cheap by far, and b. a status symbol to many people so the fact that that lard-aRse was riding a horse bred for speed and to carry about 9 stone, probably never even crossed her tiny pea-brain powered mind.

I think you'll find racehorses carry a lot more than 9 stone, having had a quick google it appears they can carry up to 13 st 2 lbs/184 lbs
http://www.horseracebase.com/horse-racing-weight.php

Mince Pie

Visit site
I'm diverting from discussing the original rider of Thor for the moment, but people carry weight differently.
These women all weigh exactly the same, yet some I would class as heavier than the others, and some I would class as lighter.
bpo0kjgiqaaiqeb_jpg-large.jpeg

Going back to Thor's rider, yes she isn't slim, but A) it is cold so she would be wearing bulking layers (I assume) and B) she doesn't look that tall. She may be over 14 stone, but she may not be, and just carry the weight differently, like the third lady from the left in the photo. Things are not always as they seem at first glance.
***Just to clarify, I am in not in any way condoning her actions, that horse was emaciated and in NO WAY should have been ridden at all, let alone on a fun ride over several miles. I am glad the horse is now in a new home and looking much better ***

just-wait

Visit site
I'm diverting from discussing the original rider of Thor for the moment, but people carry weight differently.
These women all weigh exactly the same, yet some I would class as heavier than the others, and some I would class as lighter.
bpo0kjgiqaaiqeb_jpg-large.jpeg

Going back to Thor's rider, yes she isn't slim, but A) it is cold so she would be wearing bulking layers (I assume) and B) she doesn't look that tall. She may be over 14 stone, but she may not be, and just carry the weight differently, like the third lady from the left in the photo. Things are not always as they seem at first glance.
***Just to clarify, I am in not in any way condoning her actions, that horse was emaciated and in NO WAY should have been ridden at all, let alone on a fun ride over several miles. I am glad the horse is now in a new home and looking much better ***

Those all look like the same weight to me. Except for the really tall one at the end who looks heavier, and the one next to her who looks lighter but I would put the others as around the same weight.