Thorneyside and Fronarth Welshies

Muddywellies

Visit site
Could you all please tell me about your Thorneyside Welshies please. In particular horses by Thorneyside Flyers Magic and Thorneyside Flyer.
Also what are your Fronarth Welshies like?

Fifty Bales of Hay

Visit site
The Thorneyside all tend to be very BIG.
I have one with Thorneyside Flyer and as a 4yo he was a slim 14.2hh.
At 7 years of age he was a big strapping 15.3hh of bulk
Beautiful movement, very powerful jump, fantastic temperament, always wants to please. Not for the faint hearted however!

Muddywellies

Visit site
The Thorneyside all tend to be very BIG.
I have one with Thorneyside Flyer and as a 4yo he was a slim 14.2hh.
At 7 years of age he was a big strapping 15.3hh of bulk
Beautiful movement, very powerful jump, fantastic temperament, always wants to please. Not for the faint hearted however!
Sounds beautiful. However could you elaborate on the 'not the faint hearted' ? ?

Visit site
On the flip side of AMP I have one who has a Thorneyside father and he tops out at 14.2hh, a big stocky lad with lots of movement. Whilst he has his quirks he is quite a laid back, easy going type. But he isn't from the "Flying" lines.

Fronarth's these days tend to be a little lighter of frame and more suited to jumping and energetic things.

HappyHorses:)

Visit site
Older Thorneyside I don’t think got that big as they are, in my opinion, very old fashioned to type. Small pretty pony heads, deep compact bodies. My boy is by Thorneyside the Governor.

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
Older Thorneyside I don’t think got that big as they are, in my opinion, very old fashioned to type. Small pretty pony heads, deep compact bodies. My boy is by Thorneyside the Governor.

Mines by Thorneyside the Terminator & very much like that - stunning pony head, deep compact tank of a body & he's 14.3hh. He's got a hell of a jump & a huge personality, very cheeky & clever - not the easiest but he's amazing & such good fun!

katastrophykat

Visit site
Thorneyside- along with a few other breeders- have gone to two types, the huge stepping cobs for driving and in hand, and a good working type that’ll do a WH course/general all rounder/showing type. The leg flingers are almost more Hackney in movement and are all fire
Fronarth are altogether a little more refined IMO, and they have also put some lovely part breds on the ground! It depends what you’re looking for, if it’s pure showing and you’re fond of a challenge, I’d tend towards the Thorneyside lines.
Regardless of any breeding, the pony in front of you when you view is really the only important thing. It it will do the job you want, go for it!