Thornton Watlass @ Breckenbrough - Ground Conditions please?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Sorry to start yet another 'what's the ground like?' thread.....

Has anybody been to walk the course yet please? I have a very long journey on Sunday with a horse that really needs decent ground. I won't consider running him otherwise.

I know the organisers say they've done lots of watering and work but I can't help thinking they will be struggling to get it any better than 'just about acceptable' (through no fault of their own).

Thank you :)

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Yep have seen that and their updates on facebook. I've no doubt they're trying their very best but I wonder if it's rather in vain (for my very picky horse at least).

After all the storms we've had through the week, our land is back to concrete again :(

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
We're not a million miles away (although not near) and our ground is good, it has some give in it. Its also forecast to rain tonight and some of tomorrow...

langside

Visit site
I've walked all courses and I'm currently uploading videos of all the courses - hopefully they'll be up on my website later.
To be fair the ground is better than I expected they have aggravated the course and I did wonder if they'd watered the course when I was there as it was spongy in places but i do hope they water it before Sunday as the weather today was very hot!
They've put alot of sand down too in most take offs and landings but there is good grass coverage esp in SJ area. Basically you can tell the organisers have made an effort!
We are due rain but its been so localised that it could literally be pouring down 500m away but bone dry where you are but equally the ground up here isn't as dry as it probably is down south.
How it is now though is encouraging an tbh I've ran over firmer ground before

missprimitive

Visit site
Langside would you mind posting a link to your website or pm if its against rules. I'm there tomorrow afternoon and would love to have a quick look at course