Thorowgood T6 Saddle ..

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I love them i have two

A cob GP for my gelding and a standard GP for my mare and my next one will be a dressage saddle for the gelding as hes now no jumping and doing more dressage and showing and I have a nother younger cob who I can change the gullets for and use the cob GP on.

Suziq77

Visit site
I wanted a T6 but they stopped making them (according to my saddler) and I couldn't find a second hand one so I've got a T8 - also lovely, looks like real leather (but i did love the suede on the T6) and I use it on both my TB and my warmblood.

daydreamer

Visit site
I have a high-wither T6 for my TB. I took a chance and bought it off the internet and the saddler that came to check it said it fitted him really well. It isn't great for me, my knees are way behind the knee rolls, but as it suits my horse and i am poor so i am happy to stick with it! I do find it comfortable too and easy to handle.

moana

Visit site
I wanted a T6 but they stopped making them (according to my saddler) and I couldn't find a second hand one so I've got a T8 - also lovely, looks like real leather (but i did love the suede on the T6) and I use it on both my TB and my warmblood.

Rubbish - they are still being made.

samlf

Visit site

I think you're getting confused - the T4 is the one with the suede, the T6 is the leather look version (which are still being made...) and the T8 is real leather.

RE the T6, I have one, its really really comfy and light, its a shame it doesnt fit :(

NeverSayNever

Visit site
politely put moana

I too have been told the T6 is being discontinued, by a saddler who works with TG,I see they are still on their website but with a much less varied choice than the T8 now. i have a T6 sj that I got off ebay. It was a bargain and I LOVE it! I much prefer it to the Kent & Masters sj saddle I had before.

Pancakes

Visit site
i bought the T6 for my youngster with it being a interchangable gullet. I found it very comfy and he seemed to be happy with it :) Although i dont use it anymore i decided to keep him (long story :rolleyes: :p) so bought him a proper leather saddle.

sorry to hijack the thread but how much are they goin for on Ebay? i was only thinking earlier i should sell it, i could do with the extra pennies :D

jellycat

Visit site
Believe it or not I use a T6 cob for my TB exracer. The saddle was recommended by my saddle fitter who has had very good results with them at Thoroughbred Rehabilitation Centre. But my girl is not high withered and the saddle works well for her has she has a very short back.

BombayMix

Visit site
Not had the T6 but had the T4 on a high wither TB and loved it - and I am a self confessed synthetic saddle hater...until I met the thorowgood! Thorowly (get what I did there?! ;) ) recommend!

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Brilliant :) does anyone have experience with them on TBs?

My VERY TB TbxWB has a T6 standard model and will be a medium gullet when she comes back into work but will go up to a medium wide when in full fitness and muscle :) thats what i like about them, that we can change them to suit fairly simpley and quickly.

Its a GP I have and I find it very comfy and versatile, would ride in anything else really :D