Thorowgood T8 Compact owners

Cowpony

Visit site
If you haven't done so already please do check that the panels are symmetrical. I bought my T8 compact as soon as they came out and after the first few weeks I've constantly had problems with it slipping to one side. Got the vet out to do McTimoney on my pony, got the saddler to check the fit, we played around with which girth tabs we used, but it just got worse and worse. My pony is on working livery, so even if it was me that was wonky she's ridden enough by other people that it should even out.

Eventually I stripped everything off the saddle, turned it upside down and realised the alignment of the rivets wasn't symmetrical. This led me to check where the panels joined the gullet, and they were at least an inch out. My saddler sent it back to Thorowgood, and they repanelled it and also reflocked, because by this time the flocking was flatter on one side than the other.

The saddler checked all her stock and found another one which was not straight, so mine isn't the only one out there.

I can't fault the service from Thorowgood, the saddle was sent off Tuesday last week, the saddler had an email from them on Thursday, and we got it back Wednesday this week. I rode my pony in it this evening and she is noticeably more comfortable.

happyclappy

Visit site
i have the t4 compact but have to say this can and does happen to every model at some time a they are individually made. Tg will replace foc.