those FB 'wanted' ads

Ibblebibble

Visit site
you know the ones on the horsey groups,
'6ft rug needed ASAP' or 'over reach boots desperately wanted' is it just me who wants to reply with 'available at 'insert name of local store' go buy some you tight wad:D
Everyone seems to expect to only pay £5 to £10 for anything and everything and have it delivered to their door ASAP!!!
I think pedantic has a saying that fits.............;)

navaho

Visit site
Rug adverts dont bother me, id rather buy secondhand for my rug trasher, things like buckets & haynets i dont understand when they are hardly expensive in the first place.

Mad_Cow347

Visit site
Yes these always make me laugh or the ones who have replied to an add asking for £45 for a rug or whatever & say would you take £20? Seriously?

There is a non-horsey group on Facebook which is awful for this, everyone posts ads, wanted - iPhone 4S, as cheap as possible, preferably free. I always wonder if they're joking.

But the other day I did see someone selling an "invisibility cloak like from Harry potter" showed an on & off picture of a man standing against a wall holding a bit of material & one of just the wall. Obviously very bored people but it did make my day. It got a lot of interest too!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
But the other day I did see someone selling an "invisibility cloak like from Harry potter" showed an on & off picture of a man standing against a wall holding a bit of material & one of just the wall. Obviously very bored people but it did make my day. It got a lot of interest too!

hehehe, very clever, gives me an idea, i could 'make' an invisibility rug for horses and highlight how it would deter horse thieves:D

FinalFurlong

Visit site
there are loads of adds ive seen on preloved which go:

'Hi, im ...... and im 11 years old, ive been riding for around 3 months now and i really want a loan pony (preferably palomino) for free loan. I am very experienced and ive done a dressage test and a show jumping course'

attatches picture of child riding at their RS

fair enough getting a loan pony but im guessing some of these ad's dont have parental permission.

mandwhy

Visit site
Things like rugs I prefer second hand, don't think that makes me a tight wad.... OK maybe a bit! My old horse used to break everything so didn't want anything fancy.

There are cheeky people wanting something for nothing but I suppose if you don't ask you don't get!

Oh and yeah I see people advertising for a haynet, seems a bit silly haha.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Yes it makes me laugh as well, over reach boots makes me giggle when they are cheap enough and haynets, headcollars, leadropes etc. Rugs I think is just a general thing really

rema

Visit site
I laughed at an wanted ad on there the other day..the girl wanted a set of poles and Plastic jump blocks for £30 or under and must be in good condition...I just had to reply...good luck with that!.

mandwhy

Visit site
Haha Tinselled I am baffled by what people will still buy for a couple of pounds. I might pick up something old and tatty as a spare at a boot sale but how can it be worth the postage!

I am as baffled by people who want silly money for their muddy old tat as I am by people who want the moon on a stick for under a tenner!

Also confused by people who put really high reserves on on eBay... I think you have to pay quite high fees to do so and they are basically not prepared to accept more than 5 pounds less than new for a used item... Why would you bother?! I find it quite frustrating but good luck to people I suppose!

DragonSlayer

Visit site
I laughed at an wanted ad on there the other day..the girl wanted a set of poles and Plastic jump blocks for £30 or under and must be in good condition...I just had to reply...good luck with that!.

I have replied to a few with that very same 'good luck with that!' and have been amazed at the nasty responses I got from others! :eek:

....surely to god there aren't THAT many muppet in the world..are there??