Those of you with 1 or 2 liveries

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Do you have insurance? If so, would you mind sharing who you have it with and the cost.
I got one livery without really considering implications but I'm probably going to have another one soon so feel I should put in place some insurance but not sure what it is I need. I've got public liability insurance for my land, so maybe I need to ask them about it.
I do have a livery contract, is there anything else I should be thinking about?

L&M

Visit site
Yes - livery yard insurance from Lycetts. A few years ago but think was around £300 per year and worth it for peace of mind.

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
If you are actually handling other people's horses you will need "CCC" insurance (Care, Custody & Control).

If the liveries are strictly DIY (as on my yard where I currently have two liveries) then as long as you never ever in any circumstances handle anyone else's horse, I think I am correct in saying that you wouldn't need CCC insurance; I asked this question last month when I was shopping-around for insurance and this is what I was told.

I have my house AND yard (they all form part of my business address) currently insured with Towergate; premium is just over £600 (my house is Grade II listed) and I also have a sheep-farmer as a tenant so this covers all of that. Towergate was the most competitive premium I could find.

Hope this helps.

Mule

Visit site
I do and I have insurance, I figured that you never know if someone will sue for something so it's safer to assume they will.