Those of you with an Ideal Roella Saddle..

m1stify

Visit site
I know this saddle is narrow in the twist (which is what I am looking for) however is is a smaller saddle overall? Asking as one for sale which is 17" and currently riding a 17.5 K&M. Don't want my ass to be spilling out over the saddle! Am 5ft 4 and size 10/12 so not huge but I am not small either. Can't try saddle unfortunately.

Pippity

Visit site
I know this saddle is narrow in the twist (which is what I am looking for) however is is a smaller saddle overall? Asking as one for sale which is 17" and currently riding a 17.5 K&M. Don't want my ass to be spilling out over the saddle! Am 5ft 4 and size 10/12 so not huge but I am not small either. Can't try saddle unfortunately.

I don't know the Ideal Roella but I do know that the K&M ride small. My Albion is 17.5" and nicely spacious, but when I tried a K&M, I needed an 18" and it still felt a bit, *ahem* 'personal'!

Abacus

Visit site
I do think they are a generally smaller saddle - and I compared them side by side. They seemed to have less panel and just be a more petite version. I fitted in it ok (I am 5'5 and probably 8-10) but for my huge horse the suzannah was a better fit.

m1stify

Visit site
Thanks very much everyone a 17.5 has also come up so going with that! Fingers crossed it fits my mare 😁

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
I do think they are a generally smaller saddle - and I compared them side by side. They seemed to have less panel and just be a more petite version. I fitted in it ok (I am 5'5 and probably 8-10) but for my huge horse the suzannah was a better fit.

Less flap :). Everyone confuses them so not meaning to pick on you, but can make for confusing conversations if people don't know the correct parts of the saddle, the panel is the bit under the saddle with flocking, foam or air in it.

Abacus

Visit site
Thanks sbloom - actually I do know this! I put the two saddles side by side, and I swear the panels (looked at from the back, directly under the cantle) were smaller on the Roella. Could have been an optical illusion but it appeared that way to me - I know you're a saddler though so you know best :)