Those that have a gatehouse conquest..

I_A_P

Visit site
Do you find they sit a little high? I am contemplating buying one ( had t fitted at 4 different places at badminton as first 2 places measured me as different sizes)

I'm contemplating buying one but wonder if it sits too high or whether it is just how it is and is different to my skull cap (gatehouse hs1).

emmae

Visit site
Do you find they sit a little high? I am contemplating buying one ( had t fitted at 4 different places at badminton as first 2 places measured me as different sizes)

I'm contemplating buying one but wonder if it sits too high or whether it is just how it is and is different to my skull cap (gatehouse hs1).

Mine does sit slightly higher than my CO skull, I love mine, its extremely comfy and very ventilated :)

I_A_P

Visit site
Thanks emmae do you have a photo of you in yours?

They were all gatehouse reps that fitted me and none said it didn't fit but just looks odd compared to my hs1

soulfull

Visit site
Yes mine does too. You cannot tell looking at it tho. I also find the chin strap further forward than all my other hats. However it's still my favourite and I have a Charles Owen and a pro tector

frannieuk

Visit site
Mine sits a touch higher than my HS1 skull and my new Champion skull - think it might just be the style. I love it though - deffo my favourite hat!

Gerdy

Visit site
yes mine does... have to say, i like the look but not the fit. prefer my old champion; much more secure feeling. i don't jump in my gatehouse!

I_A_P

Visit site
It just looks odd to me. I just want it mainly for some schooling/ hacking especially while the weathers warmer and then will replace my hs1 as well.

Now do decide on the navy suede or Matt!!

rossiroo

Visit site
Mine fits very well, so comfy I forget that I'm wearing it, did loosen up after a while but all hats seem to.

Gucci_b

Visit site
I also had a conquest fitted at badders, at the Gatehouse trade stand but I did'nt like the way the hat sat on my head, so going to get another HS1 and try another hat make :) and I found that the hat peak would break/crack very easy

showjumpingfilly

Visit site
I had mine fitted but always felt like i was trying to push it down further on my head.

Wore it 2 or 4 times and sold it to get a kep instead

McW

Visit site
Yes it does, I fell off in mine yesterday and it didn't budge. I seriously whacked my head. I did find when I first tried it on the back of my neck was exposed. It's impossible to get those sleep light weight designs and it be as safe as a jockey skull.

I prefer suede one and I have a HS1 for faster work and jumping but typically I fell of practicing a dressage test. Hummm.

I_A_P

Visit site
McW- thanks I'm just looking at the photo of me in the one I tied thinking hmmm does look high. Especially above my eyebrows- perhaps I should post a picture?

McW

Visit site
You could do but it will sit higher as its a different cut. On reflection now, I was always hesitant of buying mine and bought it purely as it looks better than a skull and it does but I know my head might be less sore today if I were in my skull (or would it). By buying anything other than a skull you are dropping a safety level but the benefit is lighter, ventilated etc if you've had it fitter by gatehouse rep it will fit they are great at fitting and very accurate. .