Those who have accommodation with job

Fools Motto

Visit site
Either horsey or not..

Do you pay rent (and bills) suitable for the property or do you get reduced wages because of living? Do you think you have a good deal?

Just pondering my future options!!

biggingerpony

Visit site
I country pub I work at has 2 assistant managers both live in the pub one in a single room and another in a double rent free on a wage of £24k+ they also get free meals and tea/coffee/squash for other drinks (eg alcohol) they have to pay extra. I think its a pretty sweet deal!!

buddylove

Visit site
Hubby is a farm manager and we have just moved into tied accommodation. 3 bed with big garden, field and shelter for horses. Only bills we have to pay are electricity, food, phone/sky. Pretty good deal really!
It is the kind of job where accommodation is expected in the deal though, and they still get a decent wage.

Luce85

Visit site
My grooms have the choice, they can have rent and slightly less wages not a massive difference but a small one or they pay their rent. Bills they don't pay unless they go mad on heating and stuff, normally they are pretty good but last year I had 2 girls who used a ridiculous amount of electricity and had the heating on all day whilst they were out - so they had to put some towards!

I think they have a good deal, it's nice accomodation and they get what they get for a lot cheaper then they would privately renting :) and they still get a decent wage.

TheMule

Visit site
Depends- if living on site is essential for the job (IE as night security, evening work, very long hours etc) then really it shouldn't affect the salary too much. I live rent free with all bills paid because I am on duty 2 evening/nights a week and every 3rd weekend. My salary is about 2k lower than it would otherwise be

Supertrooper

Visit site
I lived above work for nearly 18yrs, I paid no rent or bills and when I met my OH they allowed him to live there too.

My rent was looking after inpatients (vets) so that was a late night check every week night, sometimes took 1/2hr but could take 2hrs. And four checks a day at weekends, 8am, 12pm, 4pm and a late night one. Again could take variable amounts of time. I had two weekends off in a six week block.

We moved out last year, I have to say I don't miss doing the checks at all BUT it was amazing for saving towards a house. Saved a lot of money :)