Those with babies.

Sparkles

Visit site
Does anyone else have one which is just..well...easy?

Baby coblet...just doesn't argue anything. No matter what you do with him.

[Long may it stay! I'm not complaining for the record!]

Crosshill Pacers

Visit site
Yes. We bred Big Ears (now 4), and nothing has ever been too much hassle. From breaking to drive, breaking to ride, being shod for the first time, loading in a box, loading in a lorry, hunting...she just gets on with it! If she's ever scared of something she looks at me and if I tell her it's alright, she trusts me :)

I remember when she was 2, she got into a neighbour's field by climbing into the river, and up the other side off our land (around the fence). I called the horses up and she didn't appear, found her pacing back and forth along the fence, calling because the others had ******ed off. Had to cut the wire netting and roll it back, but she just stood there looking at the gap refusing to come through. So I walked across to her side, stroked her, told her it was going to be ok, then walked back through the gap. She followed behind me because she could see it was safe :) then she tanked off to find her friends and left me trying to fix the fence! Easy she may be, but not very helpful!

StormyGale

Visit site

Yep! me! im not knocking it either (frantically touches all the wood in the office!) he's been a total star - came to me used to being out 24/7 and now goes out when weather is nice/dry! or not too boggy! doesn't get excited - had al sorts thrown over him - hasn't batted an eyelid, took to saddle pad, saddle, lunging (not too much) long reiniing like he'd done it for years not bucking no getting silly not even surprised when roller/girth been on him - first day out lunging a chinnock helicopter flew right over head i asked him to stand and he stopped said helicopter flew straight over before i could get to him stood like a gent and simply walked on again when asked - leant over him the other night walked him around - nothing still! ha ha he's had feet trimmed for first time, first rug on - easiest most lovely boy ive ever had!! am just hoping he has a brain in there somewhere as at the moment it seems far too godo to be true lol - he even learns quickly without being firey or sharp so odd - but still very very happy with my big donkey!!!

Saz123

Visit site
I have a lovely not so little cob x I brought him from beaulieu sales as a leggy skinny little yearling! He ha s always been so chilled out, plods around the field, he is now 4 and is partly broken, he isn't fazed by anything and the first time I got on him he went to sleep! The only trouble is all he wants to do Is plod around and is bloody hard work to get him going any faster!
He rolled and got his leg stuck in the fence a few years ago, while we cut him out he was led there once again going to sleep! I brought him to sell but I can't bare to as he's such a sweetie!

Starzaan

Visit site
The beautiful boy I've just lost was like this. Anything you did with him he just seemed to shrug and say "ok, I'll do that".

The first time I clipped him he was loose in his stable and just stood there while I did his face, ears, tummy - everything - without flinching!

BillyBob-Sleigh

Visit site
I wish mine was :( he likes to have a nervous breakdown at most things :rolleyes: lol, just as well I love him to bits!! Everyone likens him to scooby doo when he jumps into your lap shaking at the monster leaf on the ground lol

snowstormII

Visit site
My quantock baby pony (6 months) is refreshingly good too. Not afraid of anything. I'm trying to not let him be too forward and in your face though. He is happy to be lying down with his head up if you know what I mean and let me gently push his head and neck to the floor so he is fully laid out and then I can stand over him and I crouch, pretending to sit on him - doesn't flicker an eyelid! Long may it last *touches plenty of wood*.

We go out for half hour dog walks with him and he trundles along beside us.

Just hope he will grow big enough to keep now as he is a complete poppet.

Queenbee

Visit site

Yes, Ben :) i mean, he throws slight questions and has been a Bolshy brute in the past but still, that was just pig ignorance and nothing difficult to deal with and address. He is the only horse I've had that hadn't been messed with or messed up beforehand, ebs hadn't been badly treated but her mistakes were never corrected, I've had messed up horses to fix all my life, everyone says youngsters are a handful and for the most part I think i just got lucky with a well natured ned, nothing to do with me at all! I also believe there is a huge responsibility bringing on a baby and not messing it up in the process, but he to date is the least challenging of the horses I owned... Fixing problems is far far harder than preventing them from becoming an issue and steering a youngster down the right path in my opinion.... But then again as I've said he does have such a good nature.

*Maddy&Occhi*

Visit site
Myn too :) ...only had her a couple of weeks and so far she has been great (touch wood) ...although we had a little moment the other day but as soon as I put her back in her place she was absolutely fine, somewhere down the line I feel we'll go through the terrible teenage tantrums though lol, oh and she's nearly 5.

MyLuckyStar

Visit site
Me :)

She's 16 months old now and has ben a gem from the day I had her (apart from the day I went to pick her up!).

She was unhandled when I brought her and we spent 4 hours in a field on New Years eve trying to catch her, ended up leaving her there and going back the next day as she was stressing herself out (her mom wasn't bothered thou!).

She is now settled, laid back, loving and so easy. Just hoping she stays like this now and is easy to back/break

alfiesmum

Visit site
i rang my friend the other day to ask how her boy was as mine (no relation) was well how can i say...laid back?? i mean really laid back!
3 weeks ago i bathed him for the very first time, bandaged his legs (first time) and travelled him 45 mins to a show (first time travelling) and he performed like an angel winning his class! not one spook or anything, i was well pleased, vet out last week , temp taken and chest listened too with no headcollar on!
this is the same boy that when he was 1 week old , he would chase you out his field ,
i personally think he is smoking the waccy baccy in his stable thru the night :D

friends foal is laid back too so we decided just to be happy for as long as the calm lasts :D