Those with Ideal Jessica dressage saddles, and gp's or jump....

corriehorse

Visit site
...what make is your gp or jump saddle?
I am thinking about looking for a saddle more suited to faster work than my current dressage saddle and was wondering what those of you with Ideal Jessica's, (particularly the older model), have found fitted in another style.

P4NN

Visit site
I had an ideal suzzannah which is practically the same in fitting it just has bigger knee rolls. The jump saddle I had was an ideal impala. Fantastic saddle and I felt really secure. But due to my imposed disability I can't jump any more. ��

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
I have a really old Lemetex jumping saddle - (it's up for sale - 17.5" NM) which fitted my old boy very well, as did the Jessica Ideal. I need to sell the Ideal as well, but just haven't got round to it - I only lost my boy 2.5 years ago.

Valonty

Visit site
I have an Ideal Jessica and a GP at the minute, but I hate the GP and I am saving to get the Ideal Patriot in summer.

miss_c

Visit site
I have an older Ideal Jessica and my GP is an Ideal VSD which the mare loves. Personally I prefer the dressage saddle so only ride in the VSD if jumping.

corriehorse

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. If I did get a second saddle, it would be minimal use, so am hoping I can find either an older or cheaper saddle. I love my dressage saddle and have done all my cantering out hacking in it for last couple of years, but now she's getting fitter I could do with being able to get my stirrups up shorter, and am tentatively considering taking her hunting in a few weeks, and really not sure that would be very comfy (or safe for me!) in the dressage saddle.

Moodymare88

Visit site
I have a Jessica and I also have an ideal grandee. I'm very lucky as I know someone who works for ideal, so he was able to tell me what tree, what saddle, width etc I needed and I managed to get one second hand. It was then adjusted a tiny bit for her, but I was very lucky as it fitted her perfectly. Her Jessica has just gone back to have a brand new panel in as she had changed shape so many times, it was easier and cheaper to do this for more adjustability than get a new saddle. Can't wait to get it back though!

BonniePony

Visit site
I have a Jessica and I also have an ideal grandee. I'm very lucky as I know someone who works for ideal, so he was able to tell me what tree, what saddle, width etc I needed and I managed to get one second hand. It was then adjusted a tiny bit for her, but I was very lucky as it fitted her perfectly. Her Jessica has just gone back to have a brand new panel in as she had changed shape so many times, it was easier and cheaper to do this for more adjustability than get a new saddle. Can't wait to get it back though!

Can I please ask what type/build your horse is? I have been looking at getting both a Jessica and a Grandee, was googling, and just happened to come across this very recent post by you :) Do you know if the two have a similar (or the same) tree? Thanks very much!

Moodymare88

Visit site
My horse is a hanovarian x tb, quite a chunky girl. The trees aren't the same tree, but they are similar. One is on a dabbs tree and the other I can't remember the exact name. It will be better to try a few as they may not all be on the same tree, so may not fit. I was very lucky with both of mine. The grandee only needed minor adjustments, which I was very relieved about.

BonniePony

Visit site
My horse is a hanovarian x tb, quite a chunky girl. The trees aren't the same tree, but they are similar. One is on a dabbs tree and the other I can't remember the exact name. It will be better to try a few as they may not all be on the same tree, so may not fit. I was very lucky with both of mine. The grandee only needed minor adjustments, which I was very relieved about.

Thanks very much. Could the other be an Aulton & Butler 286?

JoClark

Visit site
I have a Jessica in wide and have an impala jump in MW. I think you go up a size for dressage. I tried on the grandee and it didn't fit my horse at all.

Last edited: