Thought I'd found a body

hairycob

Visit site
Ollie was canoeing this morning so hacked out on my own. As I came out of the village I saw a man lying down in an unused field next to a footpath with German Shepherd sitting next to him. Watched for a moment & he just lay there so I rode down the footpath (it did look like a crisis!) & called out "excuse me - are you ok" - didn't want to get too close because of the dog. The guy just sat up & said "Yes I'm fine" then lay down again. Very odd in the middle of March, ground is still so cold & wet. I was very relieved though.

hairycob

Visit site
I was panicing at first. Was worried the dog might chase the horse -she's fine with dogs provided they don't try & eat her! Imagined having to phone ambulance & then keep Pickle still until they came, with dog there & possibly first aid - all seemed far too tricky.

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Brave horse, mine wouldn't go within 30feet of someone lying down!!!
grin.gif

Loopy_laura

Visit site
a few years ago i was hacking in some woods, this woman was walking towards me on and when she saw me she dived face down in some ferny things, i was on a big horse that use to be in emmerdale farm so he was very well behaved i said "i'm very sorry i didnt mean to startle you are you ok?" and got no reply so i nugde the horse a little closer and asked a little louder.... to my horror a husk mans voice replied yes go away!! i stared for a seconed in disbeliefe only to realise the blonde hair was infact a wig and it was a bloke in drag! i was freaked out and left pretty quick! about 10 mins later i saw the man getting in to his car only to realise it was a man that lived a few doors away from me!!
shocked.gif

charlene

Visit site
That storey was so funny...you do meet lots of wierdos out hacking I had a very scarey experience and since have never gone back to the place where it happened.

MagicMelon

Visit site
I saw a cyclist lying at the side of the road, on the verge with his bike thrown down beside him. I thought OMG - he's been hit! So I slammed the brakes on in my car and yelled out the window to him. Some stupid spotty teenager sat up. He was just lying there in the sun! I said what an idiot he was as I thought he'd been hit by a car! What a place to lie!!!

muffy32

Visit site
there is a lady who lays at the side of the road in Barton le clay, she is there every day . The road she lays next to is a very fast one so goodness only knows how she has lasted so long.
some odd folk out there!