Thought I'd seen it all, but ....

Greylegs

Visit site
... driving home from Sainsbugs this morning along a busy urban road, I saw a young woman walking along the side of the road riding a nice black cob, and carrying a young baby in a backpack/seat type thing on her back!!!!

The rider was wearing a hard hat, but the baby wasn't!!

I know child care can be expensive but what was she thinking!!??? Is it just me, or is this so very wrong? Has anyone else taken baby along with them on a hack?

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Jesus that's about the most stupid thing I've ever heard. If the rider fell off or
the horse fell the baby could be crushed (hat or no hat!).

Dizzydancer

Visit site
Never seen that, however my bil to be has just had a baby they are keen cyclists so have made a side car out of wood with car seat in to take baby out- that to me is dangerous enough, roads are too busy to be that wide.
What you describe is insane.

showaddy1

Visit site
Stupid woman. I hope social services find out. Can't believe anyone would endanger a child in such way. Maybe the op should report it to the police??

Fools Motto

Visit site
Never seen or heard anything like it! Didn't honestly think ANYONE would be that dim.
I've always been lucky with childcare/doing horses, as my wonderful mum is quite local, and in the past has been more than happy to 'hold bubba' while I ride. Now, the kids come too - on their push bikes - WITH a hat!

WelshD

Visit site
I must admit I clicked on this thinking 'these things are never as shocking as the OP thinks'

But I have to say OP I bow to you on this one. How unbelieveably stupid of them!

Polos Mum

Visit site
Crazy!! When I had my son I was desperate to ride but even the safest 100% horse can trip and stumble and rider is on the floor! Poor baby would have no chance!

showaddy1

Visit site
I'm sure she could be had for child negligence. After all parents have a responsibility to ensure the safety of their children, even when not in their care (maybe left with babysitter) I'm still gobsmacked at the stupidity.

cob&onion

Visit site
:eek::eek::eek:

OMG shocking.

I have a 5 month baby and a very safe cob but there's absolutely NO WAY i would do that!!! :mad::mad:

JustKickOn

Visit site
I'm sure there was a similar post to this a while back.
What a ridiculous thing to do. OP, perhaps report it if you see the woman riding with baby on board again.

chesnut90

Visit site
Child protection issue me thinks!! Horse could easily spook and she could fall and squash baby!! How very silly indeed

gmw

Visit site
Isn't that illegal???? Horse can be as bombproof as it likes it does not allow for idiot drivers, cyclists, motorbikes, demented dogs and pedestrians and the plethora of things that can happen when your out hacking. Stupid selfish woman.