Thoughts… contemplating whether to get a second dog

aintgotnohay

Visit site
Why list colours, kC reg etc?

Last time we heard from you, you were moaning that one had been caught by some massive dog that roams loose round your area and there was a discussion about how you couldn't sell the resultant puppies in case that was the sire. Short memory.

good grief that was 2/3 years ago.the dog knocked me over when i was getting her out from the car and then she ran off with him.she went on to have a stunning litter of 5 poodle pups.they were all sold at 2 weeks old and left us at 9 weeks.(i still have her shes just been spayed black one she had that litter and then another one last november -i have her daughter here shes 14 weeks old) her daughter danica is spitting image of her lol .

aintgotnohay

Visit site
got it, I've heard the term mismark, but not abstract before. Thanks.

your welcome hun.i used to do crossbreeds aswell but stopped them now.we just doing poodles.sorry for late reply just come back from vets in solihull had to have some eye tests done for 2 of poodles so they get certificates to say they been tested for pra.x.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
your welcome hun.i used to do crossbreeds aswell but stopped them now.we just doing poodles.sorry for late reply just come back from vets in solihull had to have some eye tests done for 2 of poodles so they get certificates to say they been tested for pra.x.

But you just said you only have puppies and one breeding botch. Which were PRA tested, therefore?

aintgotnohay

Visit site
But you just said you only have puppies and one breeding botch. Which were PRA tested, therefore?

yes hun been breeding for a fair while now but ive stopped breeding cross breeds with poodles hun.too much of it going on.yes hun starting from scratch now with just my miniature and toy poodles.nice talking to you anyway but got to get off here now as going out.

{97702}

Visit site
I'm contemplating four....

Four are easy, absolutely no difference to having three :) In fact easier than having 3, they can pair up together :)

I have one at 12 this year with the other three all being 8 this year (although not sure about Amy) so I will have to get a 4th again when Islay finally goes or I will risk losing all the others at the same time :( :(

Thistle

Visit site
Lévrier;12831173 said:
Four are easy, absolutely no difference to having three :) In fact easier than having 3, they can pair up together :)

I have one at 12 this year with the other three all being 8 this year (although not sure about Amy) so I will have to get a 4th again when Islay finally goes or I will risk losing all the others at the same time :( :(

That is my theory too, can't possibly risk having one left alone.

PucciNPoni

Visit site
Lévrier;12831173 said:

I am so going to use that argument that four are easier than three! :D

My old boy is 13 - he's developed some health issues recently (he's on the mend now it appears, and is doing great). But he is 13, he won't be around forever. I do take the other two dogs out individually and no one is ever left home alone. But rather than paying for a NFC entry or hauling two dogs out to shows for hours and hours (in the future when the old boy is gone) I'd rather just have another as a minder. Yeah. That's my answer. LOL

It's not easy having oldies for that reason you describe. My friend has several dogs over age of 8 - in fact the only one she has under 5 is my bitch's sire. She also has two cats over the age of 20. She lost one 13 yo dog and an elderly cat last spring. She's just waiting on the rest of them dying it seems. Don't get me wrong, she spares absolutely no expense in keeping them fit and happy and her vet bill can run over £1k per month. But in some ways she wouldn't mind having her life back a bit, rather than round the clock medications for that many animals. It wasn't so bad for her before her husband died.