Thoughts on new Wintecs

holeymoley

Visit site
As the title please. I know they are like marmite! Particularly interested in the vsd model.

My guy has 2 Ideal saddles. First one was pre- laminitis when he was heavier and the second one was post laminitis when he was about to come back in to work. Saddle 1 is too wide, and saddle 2 is now too tight now that he’s muscled up 10months later. He has a big shoulder naturally so he’s always had either a show cut or a working hunter cut saddle. I ride with a very open hip and long legs too so prefer the straighter flap.

For obvious reasons I can’t get a saddle fitter out at the moment, my current solution is his wider saddle with a very fluffy half pad under it which isn’t actually too bad. He had a wintec 500 when he was a youngster and it wasn’t actually the worst! I’m wondering whether the new style vsd is worth a shot while we don’t have access to a saddle fitter. Or will I completely hate it after having leather for years?!

RHM

Visit site
Personally if you like your ideals I would pad the wide one out using shims and after lockdown get one widened or narrowed. Think ideal can go up or down one size and can even change the trees if needed. Works out a lot cheaper than a new saddle!