Thoughts on price

smellsofhorse

Visit site
12hh gelding
Apparently Dartmoor x cob
(Looks like an over grown Shetland to me!)
6 years old.
Apparently can jump a course of 2'9.
Bombproof.

Spend last year with older rider, mainly hacking, jumping.
Not done any pony club or been out to competitions.
The winter as a leadrein pony.

Can be a pain to catch.
Not up to date with vaccinations.

Everything said is taking with a pinch of salt!

I know what they are asking.
What do you think though?

nix123

Visit site
Bombproof....ive only ever taken it a walk down to bottom of drive and back
Can jump 2"9 but never been anywhere..... can beat it untill it goes over a pole in garden
Not done pc or any comps........is a total **** to load so never gone anywhere (not for lack of trying though!)
can be a pain to catch.......see that spot on the distance (whilst handing you the head collar)on your own mate
Not up to date with vaccs..... cant get near with vet so wont even mention the farrier!!
Spent last year with older rider.... had one of the local nutters sit on it so i could get a couple of pictures so i could put an advert up
leadrein reference also goes hand in hand with the bombproof comment

Could be a poppet but why take the chance as it could only be for a child at 12hh

WelshD

Visit site
Yes I would also say £500 is about fair. If the pony really can jump a good course of fences and has had some decent schooling it probably would be worth quite a bit more, maybe double that?

it could just be lack of time, inclination or transport that it hasn't gone anywhere, not everyone wants to go to shows/PC after all, there are a lot of talented ponies out there that never go anywhere. If the owners are at all evasive though I would be likely to be cynical of the claims

Last edited:

springtime1331

Visit site
Hard to price really. Not really done enough and a bit young to be worth much at the moment. Jumping a few jumps at home doesn't necessarily make it a good competition prospect but if it really could jump round a course at that height with up to height spreads etc then I guess it would be worth more.

Slightly Foxed

Visit site
Bombproof....ive only ever taken it a walk down to bottom of drive and back
Can jump 2"9 but never been anywhere..... can beat it untill it goes over a pole in garden
Not done pc or any comps........is a total **** to load so never gone anywhere (not for lack of trying though!)
can be a pain to catch.......see that spot on the distance (whilst handing you the head collar)on your own mate
Not up to date with vaccs..... cant get near with vet so wont even mention the farrier!!
Spent last year with older rider.... had one of the local nutters sit on it so i could get a couple of pictures so i could put an advert up
leadrein reference also goes hand in hand with the bombproof comment

Could be a poppet but why take the chance as it could only be for a child at 12hh

Ah, you old cynic you!!