Thoughts on the following stallions and if anyone has any offspring

Sportznight

Visit site
Cavanier
Landpirol
Landtanzer
Lothringer
Otto Mail (is he graded? He's in France (I'd rather support British Breeding!), but love the way he's bred!)
Usebio (who I don't think is graded?)
Valesco
Wie Shibumi (who I don't think is graded?)
Zospecial

ashbank

www.ashbankequestrian.co.uk
Otto Mail is in this country - I actually saw him this morning. His sire Weltmeyer's offspring (and other W-line horses) are known for their strong paces and good hind leg, and of course the addition of the Hand in Glove blood makes for an interesting pedigree. Otto Mail was graded in France.

I have no experience of any of these horses, but thought I would throw those facts about Otto Mail into the discussion.

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Wie Shibumi, I don't think passed his grading. I remember looking at him and thinking I really liked him, but then someone on here did a report of the grading and reported he didn't pass and from memory, she said she was surprised, because he was impressive. I'm sure if you do a thread search on the forum, you'll find it x

Sportznight

Visit site
searched and found it - thank you :) Wish I knew why he'd failed - completely unable to make an informed decision on him now, therefore off my list :(

Addonis - forgotten about him ;)
Can't use Spider ;) (not that you suggested it lol)

the watcher

Visit site
It has to be worth a visit to Equine Reproduction, you can see Otto Mail and Valesco on the same day...don't know about you but I can't make a decision until I have actually met the stallion and seen it moving for myself

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
I took that gamble for my last foal, when I picked Bon Balou. I was looking for a young stallion with impeccable SJ bloodlines, preferably with Argentinus in first 2 or 3 generations (Arco is my favourite SJ of all times), but I could still afford to use! I'd picked Nick Skelton's Arkida originally, but as he had been gelded, I declined the offer of frozen, because top class SJ riders don't geld their horses lightly! Anyway, Bon Balou, Balou du Rouet x Agentinus x Landadel, €700, lots of pics and view available, but in Germany so not easy for me to visit, got picked blind.... And I have no regrets. My colt is fabulous.

Sorry for digressing. Lanpirol I saw at SSGB at Adington in Feb. shown in hand only, but a very nice stallion. Probably worth a visit too.

stolensilver

Visit site
I'm another who saw Landpirol at the SSGB and was very impressed with him.

Big, strong, athletic and old type. Not heavy but substantial yet light on his feet. I think he'd cross very well with a TB mare or one with a lot of blood. I wouldn't put him to a chunky warmblood or a mare who was on the lazy side. His competition record is impressive, international GP jumper and Advanced dressage. I think he could produce some very nice offspring.

cruiseline

www.ipcmedia.com
I also liked Landpirol, when I met him.

Your list is confusing me a little, are the listed stallion for consideration on one particular mare, as there is quite a range of different types there.

Or you could always go gold.

Sportznight

Visit site
I took that gamble for my last foal, when I picked Bon Balou. I was looking for a young stallion with impeccable SJ bloodlines, preferably with Argentinus in first 2 or 3 generations (Arco is my favourite SJ of all times), but I could still afford to use! I'd picked Nick Skelton's Arkida originally, but as he had been gelded, I declined the offer of frozen, because top class SJ riders don't geld their horses lightly! Anyway, Bon Balou, Balou du Rouet x Agentinus x Landadel, €700, lots of pics and view available, but in Germany so not easy for me to visit, got picked blind.... And I have no regrets. My colt is fabulous.

Sorry for digressing. Lanpirol I saw at SSGB at Adington in Feb. shown in hand only, but a very nice stallion. Probably worth a visit too.

Yes, sometimes it can't be avoided, I understand that :) It's just something I would like to avoid :)

I'm another who saw Landpirol at the SSGB and was very impressed with him.

Big, strong, athletic and old type. Not heavy but substantial yet light on his feet. I think he'd cross very well with a TB mare or one with a lot of blood. I wouldn't put him to a chunky warmblood or a mare who was on the lazy side. His competition record is impressive, international GP jumper and Advanced dressage. I think he could produce some very nice offspring.

Surely that would depend on what the end product would be aimed at ;) He sounds like he will tick most of my boxes :)

I also liked Landpirol, when I met him.

Your list is confusing me a little, are the listed stallion for consideration on one particular mare, as there is quite a range of different types there.

Or you could always go gold.

I had considered gold, but don't think it would be a good physical match :(

Do elaborate on your confusion though :) I have decided against Zospecial.

Herts05

Visit site
I have a mare by Valesco who is now 14. He's with Jamie at Equine Reproduction. Valesco is an old boy now, but he is still beautiful and has a lovely eye and attitude. It was lovely for me to see the sire of my mare and the sensible genes obviously came from him!
Definitely go and see Jamie, he's very knowledgeable and a lovely guy as well

stolensilver

Visit site
Surely that would depend on what the end product would be aimed at ;) He sounds like he will tick most of my boxes :)

Welllll of course you can cross any stallion onto any mare. I would just worry that if you put an older-style stallion like Landpirol onto an older-style mare (especially a lazy one) you could end up with a tank.

Maybe you want a tank?!

Sportznight

Visit site
Ahhh I see. Well, temperament is paramount and I don't want a chesnut (I prefer to chose my shades of chesnut, rather than gamble on an insipid shade, shallow I know...) Stallion must be 16.2hh+, if smaller must appear bigger... Both mares have great temperaments, but can be spooky/sharp - the older mare more so, but with her it's man (not so much woman) made. Conformation wise - excellent limbs. I gambled once on a stallion with his front limbs and I won't repeat such a gamble - I've not seen anything by him with correct limbs, even if the more performance ones do perform... Both mares have good heads, with excellent necks and good shoulders. One is a little long in the loin, but then she is a mare... Both have slightly straight hocks, yet both know how to use them and both can really jump! Both could have a better length of hip, though nothing terribly lacking here. One I know stamps her head/neck/shoulder on to her stock, the other I've not a clue :D What do I want the foal to do? Everything :) Be sound, reliable, bold, jump, dressage, hack. I'm not breeding an Olympic horse here, but a good one that I want to see looking over the stable door. One that if push came to shove would have a market. Both mares are dual purpose bred and are reasonably light framed - I want to beef them up :D I have other stallions on my list too, but I have seen those. Hence my questions for peoples opinions on these ones. I'm in no rush, in fact won't be sending to stud until 2012 - these will be 2013 babies!!

ihatework

Visit site
If you are breeding for duel purpose with exceptional temprement then another to have a look at would be Challon Z.

Sportznight

Visit site
Yep, you've mentioned him before N and I've spoken to people about him and he's on my list for a visit.

So far, still on the list to see are -
Cavanier
Challon Z
Landpirol
Landtanzer
Otto Mail

And I have one other exciting young horse to see, who isn't yet at public stud ;) There are 3 others who I have seen too :)

GinnieRedwings

Visit site
Challon Z, I would recommend whole heartedly too.

Saw him at the SSGB. Met him in his stable and my first impression, as he was so quiet and well behaved that he looked like anyone's riding club pony... BUT under saddle in the ring WOW. Correct, light, obedient, powerful, very very impressive... the pic of him jumping on their website gives a very good idea of what I saw that day...

http://www.challonz.com/performance.html

competitiondiva

Visit site
you've mentioned landtanzer, have you seen cashpoint and donder at the same place? both have impressive bloodlines, cashpoint is very duel purpose with his action! Might be worth a visit to see all three, they also stand chaos if you were interested in a grey!!!