Thread to reminisce about pre health and safety/designer riding wear days

Waffles

Visit site
When I first got a mobile phone in about 1995 I bought it for emergencies/security up the farm and out riding. Found out there was practically no signal at the yard! Texts didn't exist then (at least for me they didn't)

Chestersmummy

Visit site
When I got my first pony aged 12, I used to go out hacking whilst mum mucked out and she could only guess what time I was going to be back. In the school holidays I would bike the 6 miles to the yard (no bike helmet or any hi viz) at 6am when mum went out to work, go and see my pony in the field and have a lie down with her, get paid 50p by the YO for mucking out a few stables, which I then promptly went to the local shop and spent on sweets. Go back to the yard and on my way back bring in my pony by riding her bare back, headcollar and lead rope only and no hat back to the yard. Tack up and ride for a few hours. Turn her back out and have some luch. Have water fights with the YO's son and his fit mate (lol). Then go and fetch pony in again and school her for a hour before turning her back out. Then mum would be finished work and pick me and my bike up.
My first pony was a 21 year old pony!!!