Throwing down the gauntlet

On the Hoof

Visit site
Well
In sense of a glove challenge - anyone got any suggestions on waterproof gloves with good grip for holding a BioThane longline in winter? They also need to be not too bulky so that I can still manipulate poo bags and get treats out my pocket . Best grippy ones I’ve found are workmen’s gloves but they are too bulky and not waterproof- maybe what I’m after does not exist but I am tired of trolling internet looking - any suggestions welcome

palo1

Visit site

On the Hoof

Visit site

PurBee

Visit site
I really rate these: they lasted me all last winter - warm, perfect for fiddly jobs and definately waterproof. They are so reasonably priced that it is not a disaster if you lose one (unlike Sealskinz). I usually buy 2 pairs per winter - just in case!! https://www.safetygloves.co.uk/ejendals-tegera-517-insulated-waterproof-precision-work-gloves.html

they look promising!

are they fully waterproof all over? Even where the material looking fabric on top of the hand is? Or are they waterproof just one side only?

Goldenstar

Visit site

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site

palo1

Visit site
they look promising!

are they fully waterproof all over? Even where the material looking fabric on top of the hand is? Or are they waterproof just one side only?

They are absolutely completely waterproof :) :) The only caveat would be that I don't know how long they might last - my first and so far only pair were used last winter but then my son borrowed them and with his huge hands buggered up the lining so I now need a new pair. The old pair are still waterproof but very irritating to put on or off!! However, at the price they are that is not a total disaster and I have kept the old pair for spares. Still waterproof :) :)

palo1

Visit site
They look fantastic. What size would I need to order I wonder? I have no idea what size my hands are ??‍♀️

I dunno - I have size 8 hands...not that that will help you!! I am a sort of medium sized person: 5'6 and size 12 but no idea if that has any bearing at all on gloves...

palo1

Visit site
I have just ordered another couple of pairs (and an extra large pair for my son lol). I know they are pretty good so I feel quite smug about the price tbh...!!

PurBee

Visit site
They are absolutely completely waterproof :):) The only caveat would be that I don't know how long they might last - my first and so far only pair were used last winter but then my son borrowed them and with his huge hands buggered up the lining so I now need a new pair. The old pair are still waterproof but very irritating to put on or off!! However, at the price they are that is not a total disaster and I have kept the old pair for spares. Still waterproof :):)

ohh that’s fab! Im ordering many pairs lol ive been fishing for gloves for years and these seem just ideal for most winter outdoor jobs. thanks for the link! ?

PurBee

Visit site
Oh no!! The pressure -I hope they work for you!! I also hope you haven't gone for the deal where you can get 60 pairs for £349...!! :p:p

LOL if these are better than anything ive tried so far that bulk deal is my next order with them!

im so impressed by them, fully waterproof and grippy, while being slimline for fiddly jobs. My current ones are slimline but lost their grip very quickly, and are only half waterproof. I can sort hay in winter, muck out using cold handled tools, trim their hooves, gardening stuff, everything! Its quite sad im so excited isnt it!! ?

On the Hoof

Visit site
I have just ordered another couple of pairs (and an extra large pair for my son lol). I know they are pretty good so I feel quite smug about the price tbh...!!
Yay mine arrived yesterday and road tested this morning - not cold here but my hand did not get wet holding and looping slippy longline and they are grippy enough to hold onto line if dog feelS like running off . Very very happy and will be ordering more !

palo1

Visit site
Hope you are happy with them folks; I can't say how long they will last but mine did a winter of riding on cold days last year with all that entails and they are still going strong for this year. At the price they are, I reckon that is pretty good value. I think there are some harder wearing ones available too.