Thrush? (pics)

Hungey

Visit site
Hi there I was wondering whether you think this is thrush? I personally think it is and was wondering what your opinion is? Also what treatments do you think would work? I am currently using purple spray and as I found it tonight I don't have any time to get any other treatments (plus every horse store is closed now) thanks :)
2i0ccr8.jpg
[/IMG]

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
OP Your pic is there now, but my server is inexplicably slow so the whole pic didn't download.
In my experience, I can smell the thrush immediately, before I even pick up a foot. It's a very specific kind of smell (how I imagine rotting mushrooms would smell!) and I usually clean carefully and use purple spray for a few days. From the part of the pic that downloaded, it didn't look too bad.

putasocinit

Visit site
Yes but most horses will get thrush due to being in the field and standing in the box, we cant pick them out everytime they stand on something wet, just tetcin spray the underside of the foot for a few days and keep foot clean as much as possible.

ossy

Visit site
I usually use Milton baby sterilising fluid for thursh. With really bad causes I will tub feet in a diluted solution and for preventative I stray on a dilluted solution about 3 times a week.