Thrush preventative

Wizpop

Visit site
Hi all, my new horse has deep central sulci and has slight thrush and is showing sensitivity when I try and use a hoofpick. I’ve been treating with dilute iodine as advised by vet. The difficulty is in keeping his feet dry as it’s muddy in the field and he stands in his poo in the stable- currently settling in so doing a lot of standing at the door. So, it’s a constant cycle of damp and dirt!
Having given his feet a good clean and squirted water through the sulci followed by a squirt through of iodine solution, I’d like to be able to put some sort of barrier on the frog/ sulci, ideally antibacterial,to protect from the wet conditions. Any suggestions please? Thanks.

holeymoley

Visit site
Red Horse sole cleanse to spray in the central sulcus (watch this might nip if high enough up the heel) i rate the Fieldpaste too. There’s also Kevin Bacon’s Hoof Solution which I’ve used successfully too.

ihatework

Visit site
Red horse hood stuff in the cracks is great.

For spray on preventative - I found Stockholm tar the cheapest and most effective. To clear it up if it’s taken hold then the blue spray from the vets.

LegOn

Visit site
Red horse stuff is good but also Stockholm tar mixed with copper sulphate dust is great stuff for clearing it up & keeping it away!