Thunderbrook Feeds - your thoughts & experiences please

TPO

Visit site
Shes let him get away with being obnoxious to customers at the very least though. And the stuff on Facebook is from 2020 so I'd say she's had a reasonable amount to time to have kicked him to the kerb and come up with a statement about it

She was who I spoke to and she was obnoxious, arrogant and dismissive too. Absolutely awful to deal with.

She is my only first hand experience with TB; I've only witnessed Eddie being disgusting to others on fb

TPO

Visit site
Do Pure Feeds do a grass chaff. I want to change from TB after reading this lot! Was looking at Dengie Meadow Grass with Herbs but is it ok as sprayed with Rapeseed Oil?

I dont know what you mean by "ok" but I've fed it for years to various different horses and all have been barefoot

onemoretime

Visit site
I dont know what you mean by "ok" but I've fed it for years to various different horses and all have been barefoot

Thanks TPO I just wasn't sure about rapeseed oil whether it has the right omega 3 to 6 ratio. I have been feeding TB herbal chaff which is sprayed with Linseed oil which I know is fine for horses. I think I shall change to Dengie Meadow Grass.

Nicnac

Visit site
Do Pure Feeds do a grass chaff. I want to change from TB after reading this lot! Was looking at Dengie Meadow Grass with Herbs but is it ok as sprayed with Rapeseed Oil?

Fibre Balance is the nearest Pure do. I feed Pure but far far less than the recommended amounts so works out cheap.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Technically it doesn't but also it's not something I would particularly worry about, it depends how much you want the herbs really.
Frank says that agrobs is 10x better than the dodson and horrell just grass, because clearly he knows lots about the bavarian alps.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Not sure about the recommendation but here goes.

Rapeseed oil is better than Soya but not as good as Linseed for omega oil ratios. But you could always add 100g of micronized linseed for the benefits.

Agrobs is probably the closest to the herbal chaff, they do a few variations on the Bavarian grass, herbs and linseed theme depending on calorie requirements but not easy to get everywhere. Diva tb say their Musli and Grunhafer are the only things he will consistently eat.

Emerald green also do a plain grass chaff and some lower sugar meadow magic pellets but you need to watch the sugar/starch content with some of the grass chaffs, nothing nasty added just naturally occurring sugars. But if you're only feeding a handful to carry supplements it won't be a major issue.

Simple systems do a Timothy chop if you needed something lower calorie but not sure how tempting it is.

onemoretime

Visit site
Thanks for the recommendations and advice. My 2 wont eat any kind of grass nuts unfortunately so my competition mare has 10 oz of TS Cool condition nuts and 8oz of TB chaff twice a day. She works 6 days a week and she competes twice a month on average. We will give Dengie meadow grass a try and hope she likes it. The old pony (30 years) has Keep Calm mash as has lost quite a few teeth now but loves this mash so we stick with it.

PurBee

Visit site
When asking questions about tb feeds, i dealt with elishia, who was always pleasant, helpful….never the man or nutritionalist woman. I wonder how many work for tb? How do they deal with his predatory behaviour?

theres an irish representative of tb feeds, and this ed guy said he was irish, 44yrs in those fb messages, so is this ed the main man who was hostile to people in this thread when they had an issue with tb feed purchases, or another guy who works for tb?…maybe from the irish arm of tb?

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
Holy moley!!!!!! How the heck are you supposed to trust anyone??

This is absolutely disgusting. Do you know what this does though? It throws the light on how the equine industry are absolutely reliant on merchants. Horses could quite honestly cope on naff all if you think about how the mustangs live.

If yards really thought about it, I reckon the fittest horses would even last longer on new management styles emerging out of the very successful barefoot movement. It's daft not to consider a change in mindset and layout of the traditional set up.

Get rid of them monoculture leys and plant meadows and forage that gives way more. Then you stop relying on sole-producers, because you have what they're selling at your feet.

Scarlett

Visit site
When asking questions about tb feeds, i dealt with elishia, who was always pleasant, helpful….never the man or nutritionalist woman. I wonder how many work for tb? How do they deal with his predatory behaviour?

theres an irish representative of tb feeds, and this ed guy said he was irish, 44yrs in those fb messages, so is this ed the main man who was hostile to people in this thread when they had an issue with tb feed purchases, or another guy who works for tb?…maybe from the irish arm of tb?
The guy in the posts is the main guy, and the guy I personally had the issue with.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Holy moley!!!!!! How the heck are you supposed to trust anyone??

This is absolutely disgusting. Do you know what this does though? It throws the light on how the equine industry are absolutely reliant on merchants. Horses could quite honestly cope on naff all if you think about how the mustangs live.

If yards really thought about it, I reckon the fittest horses would even last longer on new management styles emerging out of the very successful barefoot movement. It's daft not to consider a change in mindset and layout of the traditional set up.

Get rid of them monoculture leys and plant meadows and forage that gives way more. Then you stop relying on sole-producers, because you have what they're selling at your feet.

ironically that's kind of why TB exists as such a big entity these days.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Folks, I've downloaded the screenshot from page 6 of this thread and shared them on Facebook. Let's share the hell out of this and make sure the wider community is aware.

I wonder what would happen if it was shared on the barefoot horse owner UK FB group which normally operates as a TV fan page and bans people who criticise them. Not volunteering to try.

TPO

Visit site
I wonder what would happen if it was shared on the barefoot horse owner UK FB group which normally operates as a TV fan page and bans people who criticise them. Not volunteering to try.

I dont know if I'm thinking of the same page but any mention of TB is banned on at least one BF page because of Eddie's harrassment and threats of legal action.

It's an outright ban so no recommendations of it are allowed either