Thunderbrook Feeds - your thoughts & experiences please

Boulty

Visit site
Oh god... this must be just about the only horsey forum that name isn't banned on! (I see we have a Parelli thread running ATM as well... if you need me I'll be eating popcorn in the corner with Horrible Horace on my knee) I like the IDEA of the products but not the execution. They used to be fairly reluctant about listing / providing the detailed composition of products but they do seem to have gotten better in recent years with that. (& no they're not alone amongst feed companies for this... for the sake of balance a friend had an awful experience with Global Herbs yrs ago when her horse reacted to one of their products & they wouldn't provide a comprehensive ingredients list... again they have also gotten better or rather I suspect labelling laws have perhaps gotten more robust!). I have witnessed some of the FB behaviour / comments made publicly to other people (including some really not ok behaviour towards a few people I know in RL). I've always tended to skate just the right side of questioning whilst keeping it civil to avoid anything being directed at myself personally (& I've also never made any direct queries via PM or email). Annoyingly my local feed shop who I otherwise like stock them so I did try their meadow nuts once (as was trying to find a more liver-friendly alternative to alfalfa for a fussy beast). Pony would not eat them & think I ended up giving them away. Same pony also used to got footy if fed their hay cobs as treats (weird but true)... current pony has eaten the last few that I had left without incident. I feed Agrobs now. Most of products very similar but horses I've had seem to prefer them... distributer can be a bit useless sometimes but there's a few reliable online suppliers now & current horse has literally a handful of feed a day so I don't tend to buy it very frequently!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
On this theme, anyone know where I can buy organic rolled or bruised oats for horse feed? Senior mare needs feeding up, oats should do the trick but the barefoot types say that herbicides linger in the husk which can cause footiness, and she did go footy on regular non organic ones.

Not from this company, obviously...

ETA I don’t know if the bit about non organic oats causing footiness is a thing, or whether it’s just barefoot wafflery, but I thought I’d try organic oats if I can source them.

Last edited:

Reacher

Visit site
I’m still tittering at “rainbow farting unicorns”! ?

Not sure if I’m having deja vu but this isn’t the first thread like this to be revived by someone keen to defend a company?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
On this theme, anyone know where I can buy organic rolled or bruised oats for horse feed? Senior mare needs feeding up, oats should do the trick but the barefoot types say that herbicides linger in the husk which can cause footiness, and she did go footy on regular non organic ones.

Not from this company, obviously...

ETA I don’t know if the bit about non organic oats causing footiness is a thing, or whether it’s just barefoot wafflery, but I thought I’d try organic oats if I can source them.

That was my second run in with tb. I was feeding oats and saw they sold organic. They were doing an offer with free postage but when i got in touch they basically wouldn't sell me the oats unless i also bought the daily essentials so i didn't buy anything.
Might be worth looking at Agrobs, they do some oat products but i can't remember if i saw this on the German website and whether it's something distributed in the UK.
Not the same thing but I've recently started feeding the agrobs grunhafer/green oat grass. Going down really well with mr fussy.

Frumpoon

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect slightly zombie thread but oats for condition rather than energy - this is still a thing right?

What's the latest thinking/wisdom?

Reactions: TPO

Neddie123

Visit site
The people who own it are the rudest, vilest people I have ever met and on that basis alone I wouldnt feed it if it was the last feed one earth :lol: Lots of forums/FB groups wont allow the brand to be mentioned at all as it just causes such grief with the company owners

However I also dont like the ingredients, so even if they were lovely, charming people it still wouldnt be for me :)
Really interested in what you don't like about the ingredients? I've been feeding it for years but recently started wondering if I should change

Genuinerider

Visit site
I’ve recently started using TB within the last week and my horse seems to love it. He’s been diagnosed with Ulcers 2 weeks ago and these products seemed a good option with no ‘nasties/ binders’ etc and low in sugar and starch. I’ve interacted with TB via email and I can only say they have been very proactive and professional. There was no rush to recommend anything without the full picture. In all a really decent service and nothing like the comments I’ve read in this thread. It was all in reference ‘If you decide to try our products’ All the ingredients are readily available so what’s the issue? If you horse doesn’t like it crack on.. I don’t like certain foods - doesn’t make me slate them. How many of us have had a bad experience in the supermarket with some grumpy cashier.. do you stop buying and going in ? I can’t be bothered with all that. Most of the negativity here is from the same people and if you look at it that way there really are only a few. It’s always the same in business make 20 people happy and you’ll get 1 good review. If 1 is unhappy they will tell the world ?.. that’s life - the main thing is the welfare of your horse and finding a balance is often difficult no matter what feed you give to your horse - they are all different!

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
I’ve recently started using TB within the last week and my horse seems to love it. He’s been diagnosed with Ulcers 2 weeks ago and these products seemed a good option with no ‘nasties/ binders’ etc and low in sugar and starch. I’ve interacted with TB via email and I can only say they have been very proactive and professional. There was no rush to recommend anything without the full picture. In all a really decent service and nothing like the comments I’ve read in this thread. It was all in reference ‘If you decide to try our products’ All the ingredients are readily available so what’s the issue? If you horse doesn’t like it crack on.. I don’t like certain foods - doesn’t make me slate them. How many of us have had a bad experience in the supermarket with some grumpy cashier.. do you stop buying and going in ? I can’t be bothered with all that. Most of the negativity here is from the same people and if you look at it that way there really are only a few. It’s always the same in business make 20 people happy and you’ll get 1 good review. If 1 is unhappy they will tell the world ?.. that’s life - the main thing is the welfare of your horse and finding a balance is often difficult no matter what feed you give to your horse - they are all different!

Glass. Air. Water. Your post.

:D:D:D

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
So you've used the products for a week and joined this forum to say so - on a 2016 thread - that was then bumped in September last year, by a person working for the company?
Welcome to the forum.....

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
So you've used the products for a week and joined this forum to say so - on a 2016 thread - that was then bumped in September last year, by a person working for the company?

My living involves reading a lot of text written by other people. I notice that 'Genuinerider' and 'Milliemuncher' (another newbie supporter of Thunderbrooks) both use similar language for example 'slating'.

Must be a side effect of feeding Thunderbrooks - language convergence.
:p

TPO

Visit site

All these "happy customers" who make things 100x worse for the brands that they are attempting to promote ? good job buddy ?

Genuinerider

Visit site
My living involves reading a lot of text written by other people. I notice that 'Genuinerider' and 'Milliemuncher' (another newbie supporter of Thunderbrooks) both use similar language for example 'slating'.

Must be a side effect of feeding Thunderbrooks - language convergence.
:p
Just a genuine comment - no need for mockery.. you seem suspicious anyone with a good experience must be working for the company. Slight bit of bullying going on here which I noticed before I even decided to comment! Worse things in life can happen than an opinion about a feed manufacturer ?

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Just a genuine comment - no need for mockery.. you seem suspicious anyone with a good experience must be working for the company. Slight bit of bullying going on here which I noticed before I even decided to comment! Worse things in life can happen than an opinion about a feed manufacturer ?

Genuine answer, nobody can say how good a feed is when they say '"I’ve recently started using TB within the last week". Nobody.
Please do not claim the bullying card when you bumped this old thread.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site

How social media works is that we all know each other - we've all interacted on many topics before. So we have a degree of trust in each other, and our motivations. People know what I do, and they know I don't work/own a feed company for example. So if I give feed recommendations, they know it is from my personal experience and a desire to help.

If a newbie suddenly appears, bumping a thread from 2016, singing the praises of a feed they have only used for a week, using the same language as the last newbie...it perhaps lacks credibility.

But yeah, we are all bullies. :D

Genuinerider

Visit site
All these "happy customers" who make things 100x worse for the brands that they are attempting to promote ? good job buddy ?
Happy up to now.. your not bitter I don’t
Genuine answer, nobody can say how good a feed is when they say '"I’ve recently started using TB within the last week". Nobody.
Please do not claim the bullying card when you bumped this old thread.
Your very aggressive- This thread is not only about the feed but also the customer service. Who are you to claim what I can and can’t comment on I have freedom of speech just like everyone else and my main point is the customer service! Read my post again as you clearly don’t understand.

Genuinerider

Visit site
How social media works is that we all know each other - we've all interacted on many topics before. So we have a degree of trust in each other, and our motivations. People know what I do, and they know I don't work/own a feed company for example. So if I give feed recommendations, they know it is from my personal experience and a desire to help.

If a newbie suddenly appears, bumping a thread from 2016, singing the praises of a feed they have only used for a week, using the same language as the last newbie...it perhaps lacks credibility.

But yeah, we are all bullies. :D
Yes clearly!!!

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
Happy up to now.. your not bitter I don’t

Your very aggressive- This thread is not only about the feed but also the customer service. Who are you to claim what I can and can’t comment on I have freedom of speech just like everyone else and my main point is the customer service! Read my post again as you clearly don’t understand.
Oh, I understand just fine, thank you for your concern though ?

TPO

Visit site
:yawn: What’s funny is that every time this thread gets resurrected, if gives a whole new audience a chance to read the negative reviews too. You’d have thought TB would just want it to disappear really...

and the new audience get to see all the whackadoodle meltdowns by the TB "promoters" that mirror the epic online meltdowns that TB staff have had that lead to their awful reputation and supposed banning from mentioning their brand name.

I wonder if it's something in the feed making them react the same way ??

Bernster

Visit site
I did like the idea of TBs feeds but have to say I have been put off by the negative reviews etc. And yes, I can confirm that each time this thread gets bumped it just reminds me of those. Maybe we’re all a bit contrary?!