Thunderbrook Feeds - your thoughts & experiences please

IveRunOutOfNamesToThinkOf

Visit site
Yes I found a couple of others by putting his name in but really not finding a lot which makes me wonder if they are managing to get things taken down from groups.

not sure if this will work
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Visit site
Yes that's the one I found. Then 2 people I know on fb have shared it and a share on the HHO facebook page. Just doesn't seem a lot of activity and nothing in groups or pages

That’s true, the problem is most of their business will be done via shops, I don’t know of any as I’ve only bought direct. If anyone knows of any shops that buy from them wholesale and can tag them maybe more will happen?

I get the feeling from their deactivating their Facebook page but keeping their website they think it will blow over, which it might do.

Reactions: TPO

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I am really surprised at the fb comments along the lines "I've spoken with him and he was really polite ..." . Oh, so that's OK then. Really?

I haven't bought TB feed before though have considered it, but sure as hell I won't be buying it while this man is still an employee.

I will stick with Agrobs.

Renvers

Visit site
Just taken a quick look on FB, I see there is now #BoycottThunderbrooks trending too.

Read some of the posts and the apologists and defenders of this man are really sad. A professional outfit would do some sort of damage limitation at as early a stage as possible you would think, this could be their Weinstein moment.

Tarragon

Visit site
I must admit that I do use Thunderbrooks; I have been feeding my ponies Herbal Museli, Herbal Chaff and Synergy for a few years. I buy it from the local feed store and have had no dealings with the company, so, so far, I have been satisfied BUT this has been a real eye-opener for me and I no longer want to support them and will vote with my feet. I feel sorry for the many employees who will be affected by the downturn in business as a result of this exposure though.
What equivalent feeds do people use?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Do Agrobs provide samples? I'm seriously considering trying it but my native is surprisingly fussy and he's on medication I need him to eat!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
MM yes they certainly used to, as the owner of an also surprisingly fussy native. The Aspero was transportative. I promised him museli when he got old as he def like that more but now he struggles with chaff so has to make weisencobs instead ?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Thank you both.

I've just emailed Red Rufus requesting a sample or two :)

Given that he's a laminitic prone good doer with PPID I'm thinking of the Leichtgenus 'Fatties Chaff' - great name ? - and Weisencobs.

It seems higher in sugar and starch than I'm currently feeding but still under 10% and he gets tiny amounts anyway - just enough as a carrier. Plus, if he likes it, I think the peace of mind knowing he'll eat his medication fuss free!

Sossigpoker

Visit site
In this age of #metoo I am disappointed to hear that some (presumably) women support this awful man. I wouldn't buy their products knowing that this awful creep is in a senior position and the company owner seems to condone this behaviour.
Can you imagine what working for him must be like if you're a female?

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Thank you both.

I've just emailed Red Rufus requesting a sample or two :)

Given that he's a laminitic prone good doer with PPID I'm thinking of the Leichtgenus 'Fatties Chaff' - great name ? - and Weisencobs.

It seems higher in sugar and starch than I'm currently feeding but still under 10% and he gets tiny amounts anyway - just enough as a carrier. Plus, if he likes it, I think the peace of mind knowing he'll eat his medication fuss free!

Worth looking at the green oat chaff/grunhafer too. It's 6% starch sugar, tasty and a bag goes a long way.

Last edited:

Catieb

Visit site
I’m absolutely shocked to read all this about TBs feeds. Many years ago I spoke to Dr Debs Carly and found her so helpful. Another time I got her husband who was an ex jockey and came from Streatham, London, so we had loads to chat about as I was brought up in London . He told me he was much older than his wife so possibly he’s no longer on the scene. Possibly personal problems causing such rudeness from these few people. Who knows but I feed Agrobs and Equidgel but fed TB base mix years ago and what a difference I found in my horses feet. So, I’ve bought it again. Such a shame there’s this problem.

Visit site
Still no comment from Thunderbrook and their Facebook page is still missing. Their website is still live for purchases though.

I really expected a denial, false news type of claim, threatening legal action or at least excuses. The silence though I didn’t expect. Surely they must release some kind of statement? They can’t just imagine this will be forgotten, or maybe it will?

TPO

Visit site
They can’t just imagine this will be forgotten, or maybe it will

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen. Look at the amount of replies on here and fb saying that they dont support his behaviour but...and keep supporting the business. Too inconvenient to have ethics, morals and principles ?

Visit site
I know changing feed can be a major issue for some, especially if you have had a problem which was resolved by feeding this brand. I have no issue with that to be honest, my horses need would top my moral compass

I would be asking for samples of every other feed though to find an alternative ASAP!

The comments about he’s always been nice to me are just astounding though.

The lack of any statement by the company is worse, to run away and hide and pretend it didn’t happen is childish. I can only think the fact that the professional and personal relationship between the owner and the person reasonable is clouding matters in a bad way. Any other employee would surely have been fired on the spot

TPO

Visit site
The person spouting off in support of TB is an anti vaxxer which to me discredits all of her opinions on everything. Her fb page is quite something ?

The other poster who is claiming Eddie sacked also said that he is still with Deborah and he was set up in a Honey trap ? and the band played believe it if you like...

At the end of the day both Dr Carley and Eddie have been less than pleasant to customers, specifically females, on numerous occasions face to face, in the phone and online. I think this is what is known as your chickens coming home to roost

Last edited:

PurBee

Visit site
Well i was going to be spending about 4k annually with TB - i wont now!

Wont be the first time a wife has turned a blind-eye to their sex-predator husbands actions - but when its the cause of the downfall of her business, you’d think she’d be doing the right thing - for herself and her customers.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
The thing is if this was one incident from someone who previously had been exemplary in the dealings with people and their behaviour, then you could understand people not wanting to believe it. But this is someone who has been rude and abusive in their dealings with customers not just in emails but in public forums like Facebook. It's rude enough to call someone stupid but when you are representing a company and speaking on their behalf it is not appropriate even if the comment made is stupid.

I also see a lot of people who saying well it's just one employee nothing to do with the company as if he was a driver or packer but he is someone who represented himself as so key to the company that people here (including me) thought he was part owner until we checked.

The defence on Facebook doesn't surprise me, it's exactly the same behaviour every time someone dare to question them on the Barefoot Horse Owners UK group and a hardcore group of fans rallied round to defend.

TPO

Visit site
Out of all the jobs offered on that website they chose that one to screenshot to justify his sleazy actions as being caught up in a “honey trap”.
Negative racial stereotyping and prejudice at its very best, it makes me even more disgusted with him, the company and his “support” team trying to justify it.

In the screenshots he talks about an interview and what they should wear for it. That fits with him using a job vacancy as a reason for approaching these woman and not that he was using "chat" services.

I mean if you are going to get people to lie for you at the very least get them to lie better!

Visit site
In the screenshots he talks about an interview and what they should wear for it. That fits with him using a job vacancy as a reason for approaching these woman and not that he was using "chat" services.

I mean if you are going to get people to lie for you at the very least get them to lie better!

Maybe the next claim will be that she randomly messaged him, then after luring the bloke in asked him to do roleplay of him offering a job interview ?

Meanwhile TB are still absent from Facebook and no statement has been made

I very much doubt he has been fired, more likely just staying away from public communication in the hope people believe he’s left. From what I understand he pretty much runs the whole business