Thunderbrook Feeds - your thoughts & experiences please

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
There was enough evidence for me. If it wasn't true then I believe he would have told Facebook to remove it or face a libel lawsuit. He hasn't even denied it, has he?

Or claimed loudly he had been the victim of a hacked account if that is what had happened.

As the site was in the Phiippines, there is a limit to what can be done here, a sexual harassment incident like this is not likely to become part of a big cross border investigation. The jobsite would have blocked/banned him and moved on.

Beachbabe

Visit site
So glad I am not the only one who found them rude and vile! I used to feed totally TB, then after a ahem "discussion" reduced to just the chaff which mine seemed to really like. Have had to stop chaff now though as we have potential teeth problems, so he's on a mash. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now. And I thought it was just me!:rolleyes:

IveRunOutOfNamesToThinkOf

Visit site
So glad I am not the only one who found them rude and vile! I used to feed totally TB, then after a ahem "discussion" reduced to just the chaff which mine seemed to really like. Have had to stop chaff now though as we have potential teeth problems, so he's on a mash. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole now. And I thought it was just me!:rolleyes:

Most definitely not just you!! Seems he was a marmite character even before this content came to light

Visit site
Has this now just gone away like nothing has ever happened? Does anyone believe this type of behaviour won’t happen again? No crime has been committed so the exploitation was ok? It’s disheartening that so many in the horse community (not on here in general seeing Facebook comments) choose to excuse this and the person involved only has the inconvenience of removing their Facebook page as a consequence

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Has this now just gone away like nothing has ever happened? Does anyone believe this type of behaviour won’t happen again? No crime has been committed so the exploitation was ok? It’s disheartening that so many in the horse community (not on here in general seeing Facebook comments) choose to excuse this and the person involved only has the inconvenience of removing their Facebook page as a consequence
Not sure what we realistically can do apart from boycott their products?
I certainly won't be buying anything from them no matter how much hype there is around their products.

Visit site
Not sure what we realistically can do apart from boycott their products?
I certainly won't be buying anything from them no matter how much hype there is around their products.

I know, it’s frustrating though isn’t it! The very least I hoped for was some kind of statement/apology for his behaviour from the company and him being dismissed. To see it being completely ignored and shutting down social media so they can’t be contacted is awful

Visit site
So I’ve heard Eddie has been fired, I would still have liked a company statement but I suppose given his relationship with the owner this is an awkward thing.

They apparently have someone new in charge, I’m hesitant in trusting, but like I said I never had an issue with the feed. Just the bad people involved.

Maybe customer service will improve now? Here’s hoping!

Maeve1961

New User
Visit site
Really shocked to come across this thread. Eddie & Debbie have bought land next to a friend of mine in West Cork, Ireland. Eddie is already getting the reputation for being more than a little odd and rude in the local community so that information wasn’t a surprise but finding out he’s a perv too is concerning, as she lives alone. So far he’s been nice to her face but it looks like that could change.
From what she’s been told, Eddie still runs the company with Debbie and regularly travels back to the U.K. for work. Although she’s caught them both in a stream of lies, so who knows. Don’t think Debbie has returned to the U.K. since she came over early last year. Maybe these allegations are why they have “relocated” here?

Visit site
Really shocked to come across this thread. Eddie & Debbie have bought land next to a friend of mine in West Cork, Ireland. Eddie is already getting the reputation for being more than a little odd and rude in the local community so that information wasn’t a surprise but finding out he’s a perv too is concerning, as she lives alone. So far he’s been nice to her face but it looks like that could change.
From what she’s been told, Eddie still runs the company with Debbie and regularly travels back to the U.K. for work. Although she’s caught them both in a stream of lies, so who knows. Don’t think Debbie has returned to the U.K. since she came over early last year. Maybe these allegations are why they have “relocated” here?

It’s been over a year since this info came to light. Yet the company is not only still operating with him in charge, but boasting about record growth and expansions, they did what I predicted and removed social media and laid low for a while, then came back once it’s died down. I guess people move on and forget, or just ignore as their horse likes the feed. I hope your friend is now aware of the issue and will avoid any interactions with him where possible

Zoeypxo

Visit site
I have just seen that dengie are bringing out a meadow grass chaff.
Going to get a sample and see if Mr fussy likes it then swap.over as the price if feeding it to two it expensive.

Just stopped the hay cobs as again I was going to go through two bags a month and I really can't afford that.

have a look at emerald green grass chaff. I feed it to mine , she loves it, cheaper than thunderbrooks and all natural

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I switched to Agrobs as it didn’t feel right to buy from TB any more. Not that they would probably notice a drop of 0.00001% in profit from me switching my four…
Me too about 5/6 years ago, never looked back.

I once read something here which tickled me pink - they said they don't need feed that had been "handpicked by fairies on the side of a magical mountain...." well... I think why not and I should hope so given the price :D:D they should write that on the bags I think.

In fact when people come and comment on my choices of expensive feeds, I requote the above. It should be post of the year :D

Amaranta

Visit site
Just don’t buy any of their own mixes, if one ingredient is too expensive they leave it out, plus they change the best before dates. My neighbour worked for them, he quit, they are known in the local community as a feed they won’t touch, and a person they avoid
That really is quite shocking! Surely the date changing is illegal?

catkin

Visit site
It is breaching trading standards, but if you change both the batch number and the date who would know? And if you left one ingredient who would test? You buy a mix expecting everything listed, you wouldn’t know otherwise

I presume this manufacturer is not a member of the various feed assurance schemes - in which case I would not be feeding to any horse competing (however lowly a level) or insured as you could find yourself in a whole heap of trouble if anything goes wrong. And that's after the stress and heartache of getting a poorly horse well.

Visit site
I presume this manufacturer is not a member of the various feed assurance schemes - in which case I would not be feeding to any horse competing (however lowly a level) or insured as you could find yourself in a whole heap of trouble if anything goes wrong. And that's after the stress and heartache of getting a poorly horse well.

Say a manufacturer makes a company a product, but packages it in bags that a company produced and sent them. A manufacturer and company who is a member of several feed assurance schemes. The product goes out of date, the company can still empty and transfer the product into a new empty bag, seal it with a different BBE and Batch Date. Or bag up out of date products as “free samples”. No one would know unless something goes wrong. Upon inspection everything is fine

Visit site