Thunderbrook - peoples experiences please

jjsblackhorse

Visit site
Just started feeding Thunderbrook base mix and gut restore and wondered what experience people have had with it. I am a little concerned due to the price but am getting to the end of the road with my ex race horse - feet issues had to go BF a year ago as hoves wont grow with shoes on. Has just had an attack of weird ulcers round coronet bands, heat in feet, footy and showing signs of laminitus, added to a very sharp drop in weight and condition over the last 8 weeks and soles gone paper thin. Vets thought pedal bone on way through sole 2 weeks ago - all blood tests normal - box rest - now out in pen during the day - and sound - everyone very confused!! (Including the vets!). Started Thunderbrook 2 weeks ago and he has begun to pick up. Is anyone using Thunderbrook products exclusively? If so is it cost effective?

Pamfyson

Visit site
I feed TB essential base mix to my 2. A 20kg sack lasts a month. We make our own hay chaff with the trusty garden shredder and they have a handful of soaked grass nuts to mix it with. Grass nuts last about 6 weeks between them. They have been on this all winter and have never looked better. I think it's very cost effective on those amounts. They also have ad lib hay. I've just turned them out for the summer (assuming that the weather stays set fair) and now they are are on good grass they aren't interested in any form of bucket.
Hope that helps.

Pamfyson

Visit site
The last lot came from Emerald Green Feeds. Found them online. I feed very few of them, just a dry handful and soak with a lot of water. They really swell up. They are really nice quality. Hope this helps.

Micky

Visit site
I feed the base mix and have done for about a year now, my lad has PPID and needed a good balancer, if you're trying to help hooves, add micronised linseed to his diet

jm2k

Visit site
I buy grass nuts from local agri feed store £7.90 a 25kg sack, makes a lovely mash, add micro linseed and dried grass with his supplements.
Basically i ordered Simple systems twice to see what the horses liked, broke down their ingredients now buy generic brands which is much cheaper ;)

fuzzle

Visit site
Cant fault thunderbrook herbs!!! after my horse got ulcers which is a very long story, i got her fully better, i had to change everything including her feed and these people have been amazing, she had stress ulcers i have come off all chemical feeds and calmers and now feed natural which i buy from these people, they have been wonderful and have never looked back!! xx