Tick prevention

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
For yourself, to spray on your boots/trousers - geranium essential oil dilute in a spray apparently very successful anti-tick repellant.

Have to be wary using essential oils with animals - depending on species etc/dosage/dilution etc.

I got bit last year on my leg making hay. Had trousers/socks/boots all tucked in and still miraculously, a tick got inside. It must have crawled through the weave of my socks. i wasnt wearing a spray, thinking physical barrier was enough. Resulted in a very nasty reaction.
Unfortunately i scratched it off, as i just felt a bite on my leg, while working, thinking probably horsefly, so potentially caused it to spew its yukky bacteria into my leg. Best to pull them off gently whole.

This picture below is the bullseye rash starting of an infected tick bite. The swelling of redness travelled all the way up my thigh of right leg, and all the way down to ankle. All joints on right side of body ached for months afterwards. It didnt itch like horsefly bites, despite being awfully inflamed.

I had a flare up january this year, my knee suddenly exploded inflammation and i couldnt move it.
Im taking treatment and blasting the bacteria.
Ticks are truly worth making the effort to spray yourself against if you walk/work rural areas.

View attachment 75012
Have you been treated for Lymes disease?

PurBee

Visit site
Have you been treated for Lymes disease?

yes, ongoing. Unfortunately allergic to penicillin so options limited for rounds of antibiotics. But fingers crossed, treatment plan has worked/is working well and my joints are fluid and limber, pain-free. I’ve been incredibly lucky to not suffer as some do. It has to be treated fast and aggressively.

I know all bitey bugs have yukky bacteria risks we dont want, but ticks are particularly nasty for what they can pass on, so wise to take every measure against them. There’s herds of deer around me, its a tick paradise. Long grass etc.

A friend yrs ago got bitten and she had a small bulls eye rash…didnt think it was necessary to treat as didnt know about lyme disease. I said to her, get antibiotics…thats a bulls eye rash! She did and it went away, she was ok. High success rates when treated quickly. So nothing to be terrified of but certainly not to be disregarded either.

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
yes, ongoing. Unfortunately allergic to penicillin so options limited for rounds of antibiotics. But fingers crossed, treatment plan has worked/is working well and my joints are fluid and limber, pain-free. I’ve been incredibly lucky to not suffer as some do. It has to be treated fast and aggressively.

I know all bitey bugs have yukky bacteria risks we dont want, but ticks are particularly nasty for what they can pass on, so wise to take every measure against them. There’s herds of deer around me, its a tick paradise. Long grass etc.

A friend yrs ago got bitten and she had a small bulls eye rash…didnt think it was necessary to treat as didnt know about lyme disease. I said to her, get antibiotics…thats a bulls eye rash! She did and it went away, she was ok. High success rates when treated quickly. So nothing to be terrified of but certainly not to be disregarded either.
It’s such a nasty thing so I’m glad you’re getting appropriate treatment. It’s something I’ve been very aware of for a long time as my sister lives in Virginia and it’s rife there. You have to spray your legs before you go for a walk and check yourself all the time. Ticks are everywhere they stop of trees onto your head it’s horrible. Her horses and pets have had it and I think she has too at some point.