Ticks

hunting mad

Visit site
We live in deer country and keep sheep,so we often get ticks on the animals....which thankfully i know how to deal with.
However,this morning i found one on myself....i have removed all of it.
Is this all i need to do???Am i panicing about nothing.....it really was pretty yuk!!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Ok listen to me as I am a freaking expert ( freaking because I have been freaking for the last 10 days lol )

I had my first tick 10 days ago, was on my leg, I pulled it off immediately.

Basically don't panic! clean the bite site well...............

go to the dr if you get a bullseye type rash around the bite site... this is a lymes disease rash, again don't panic if you get this because they will pop you on a penicillin course ( dr adviced me of this when i queried it last week).... also if you get flu like symptoms!

Not all ticks carry Lymes Disease, but its often left untreated because ppl don't realise they are bitten, left untreated it can become chronic and can make you very very sick!

initially my bite was nothing, then 3 days later mine has become itchy ( think the ticks anaesthetic saliva wore off)... now 10 days on the bite is still itchy like a mosquito bite, but I am not worried because I am like this with any bite, I don't feel ill and have no bullseye rash, but if I get one there in the next yr I will realise what it is!

So join my club lol xx

Spudlet

Visit site
Exactly what DevonshireDumpling says, except I would add that it is totally acceptable to spend 5-10 minutes hopping about going 'Ack! Yuck! Bleurgh!' because they are MINGING creatures that make my flesh creep!;)

irish_only

Somewhere snowy in winter, lovely in summer
Visit site
Exactly what DevonshireDumpling says, except I would add that it is totally acceptable to spend 5-10 minutes hopping about going 'Ack! Yuck! Bleurgh!' because they are MINGING creatures that make my flesh creep!;)

Totally agree. We looked at them under the microscope and they are positively prehistoric. THOSE SERRATED PINCERS :eek:

unicornleather

Visit site
Ok listen to me as I am a freaking expert ( freaking because I have been freaking for the last 10 days lol )

I had my first tick 10 days ago, was on my leg, I pulled it off immediately.

Basically don't panic! clean the bite site well...............

go to the dr if you get a bullseye type rash around the bite site... this is a lymes disease rash, again don't panic if you get this because they will pop you on a penicillin course ( dr adviced me of this when i queried it last week).... also if you get flu like symptoms!

Not all ticks carry Lymes Disease, but its often left untreated because ppl don't realise they are bitten, left untreated it can become chronic and can make you very very sick!

initially my bite was nothing, then 3 days later mine has become itchy ( think the ticks anaesthetic saliva wore off)... now 10 days on the bite is still itchy like a mosquito bite, but I am not worried because I am like this with any bite, I don't feel ill and have no bullseye rash, but if I get one there in the next yr I will realise what it is!

So join my club lol xx

Very good advice, Oz :)

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site

I am still having a fit 10 days on, is this still acceptable??? lol

hunting mad

Visit site
Thank you for the advice.
Im not usually screamish,and can deal with most things,dead and all.....but a tick on MY body..........my body is still crawling!! YUK!

posie_honey

Visit site
Thank you for the advice.
Im not usually screamish,and can deal with most things,dead and all.....but a tick on MY body..........my body is still crawling!! YUK!

i'm the same lol
its about on par with crossing a thigh height river in indonesia - then looking down to see the leaches on my legs etc - YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spudlet

Visit site
i'm the same lol
its about on par with crossing a thigh height river in indonesia - then looking down to see the leaches on my legs etc - YUKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

I too am not normally squeamish but tick - ack,ack,ack, and as for LEECHES? **vomits**