Tie rings fixable to metal stable bars???

becca1305

Visit site
Hey I'm really struggling to find the above mentioned in the title so posting on the offchance somebody else has looked for, and managed to find these! :)

I need 3 tie rings which I can attach to my internal metal stable bars; 2 for cross tieing and 1 for a haynet for under the solarium lighting I'm installing.

I remember where I kept my horse at college had these - tie rings on wood brackets attached to bars. They didnt look the best, so ideally something smarter, but did the job! However since I cant find them I'm beginning to wonder if they had them made! :(.

I would have thought considering the amount of internal design stables out there that there is a buyable solution, but so far google has failed me! Has anybody else managed to find these please? If you have and can remember where that would be amazing! :D. If not it will be back to the drawing board to contemplate possible solutions!

kerilli

Visit site
I hoard old bit rings from rubber bits that have been chewed through or damaged... when the bit's due for binning, i saw off the wire that was covered by the rubber, and then use the spare rings as tie-up rings in the stables (the ring is tied up short to the stable bars by weakened baler twine) and in the horsebox (ditto).
i can post a pic if you like!
if you can find spare rings of a big enough diameter elsewhere, pls let me know...

becca1305

Visit site
Thanks :). They look quite good actually as a product but I think as my bars are vertical they would just slide down to the bottom I need ones to stay put quite high up for a haynet and a foot or two up from the bottom of the grill for cross tieing. I probably didnt explain it very well :eek:. They might be a viable option to clip onto a bracket/ holder-upper of some design though if I cant get specific bracket mounted tierings :).

becca1305

Visit site
Kerilli- I think I kind of grasp what you mean but if you could post pics that would be brilliant :D. Will let you know if I find a company selling something suitable! :).

rockysmum

Visit site
Just be careful with what you go for. I was hit in the face by a tie ring which came off before the bailer twine or headcollar gave way. If a horse pulls back they come at you with some force. It made a mess of my face.

Enfys

Visit site
You want to tie them to the bars?

Just make sure that your horse can't pull back far enough to yank the bars out, I saw one do this, managed to impale himself in the ensuing carnage...trashed barn, dead horse :(

Last edited:

becca1305

Visit site
ouch that sounds bad :( was it tied directly to the bars with no twine/ring?. We never had any issues with the ones used at college for haynets. Im planning on using a few strands of baler twine/ equi-pings to attach to the rings for cross tieing to and won't be leaving the horse alone I will be in one of the stables next to it mucking out etc :).

becca1305

Visit site
thanks :D I don't think the first is an option as our bars are quite narrow so wouldn't be wide enough to drill to accommodate that and still be strong enough.... BUT the second one looks like a great option :D bit pricey since I need 3 so 2 packs...but hopefully I can find the same/similar thing somewhere else cheaper! :D

Holzdweaver

Visit site
Im sure iv seen things similar and a lot more reasonably priced, just used that pic as an example of what i had in my head rofl.

Il have a research and see if i can come up with anything which is cheaper :)

kerilli

Visit site
Kerilli- I think I kind of grasp what you mean but if you could post pics that would be brilliant :D. Will let you know if I find a company selling something suitable! :).

Here you go. I've used these for about a decade or so and never had a problem.
IMG_3671.jpg

the great thing is that the rope slides through really easily, when tying up or quick-releasing.
If you can't get any rings, this is another option:
IMG_3672.jpg

Ladylina83

Visit site
I've been using elasicated trailer tie thingys for mine - its proving quite good as it stops that panic on the initial pull back with them being stretchy