Tigers_Eye's XC Clinic (part 2 - no feline intervention)

Saucisson

Visit site
Soooooooo, we rocked up a bit late due to an accident on the motorway but horses were still happy and riders still enthusiastic, instructor very nice about it all! We were treated to a quick look-see at the 4* machine that is William (my horse, I believe was a touch jealous :D).

We warmed up and got them going over a little x-pole. Then we worked at trot/canter to get them geed-up. After warming-up, T_E got us doing a step/drop, my chap wallowed in it and seemed to positively enjoy it (hands apart Saucisson!)

SAM_0057.jpg

After was "the water", my hoss has some issues with water and it was good to work him positively and with the other horses. He went in - no prob - (positive riding and positive instructor! :)

SAM_0069.jpg

After was a brush fence, my horse jumped it great (as did the others ) so T_E did combination with us of brush - water - steps..............and we did it!

SAM_0078.jpg

So, thankyou T_E for a great afternoon. My confidence is most definitely boosted and wow - what a fab Saturday afternoon! Good luck for you and William for the next season! :):):)

Last edited:

tigers_eye

Visit site
Well done again Saucisson, and I really do think your boy is lovely. I'm not sure he even noticed the lurking alligator in the lake - a semi-submerged log over near the steps?! I think you're going to have great fun eventing him.

Saucisson

Visit site
Well done again Saucisson, and I really do think your boy is lovely. I'm not sure he even noticed the lurking alligator in the lake - a semi-submerged log over near the steps?! I think you're going to have great fun eventing him.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to starting in earnest next April. Gotta work the dressage/jumping over the winter and then there's no stopping us :) (I think the log must have escaped his radar there *phew* :D)

looks like you had a great day and i like your lad he looks so very positive and willing in the photos :)

Thank you, generally he's an honest chap and he does love jumping (dressage makes him sigh :D)

So, 2012 may be the Olympic year but it will be noted by me as my 60cm season :p