Tildren-how long if it worked for your horse?

kgj66

Visit site
I posted a few weeks ago about bony changes in my horses hock(very slight) and treatment with Tildren.

Vet said not to look for any improvement until at least 3 weeks. 3 weeks is now up-she is no different really. I realise it could still be working but will take time- just wanted to know if anyone else had this treatment for their horse and how long it took to kick in?

I know for many horses it doesn't work so I guess just how long I should wait before investigating other options!

Thanks!

0310Star

Visit site
My horse had Tildren in September and I have to say she is like a new horse! My vet advised me to continue work the day after administering as apparently working the horse makes it have a better effect (not too sure why, just the advice I was given :)) I worked her the next day lightly and on the fourth day I hacked her out for about an hour and a half and I noticed the difference there and then! She was so much looser and happier with striding out and seemed really happy on the ride!
Before the Tildren and up until January she was on half a sachet of bute per day (she is 16.3 and well built so probably wasn't doing much) and before the Tildren anytime I tried to wean her off of it she didn't seem right still. In January as she was getting on so well I decided to give it a go once again and she hasn't had a sachet since! She has high ringbone, side bones, DJD and the start of navicular in the fronts, and had always been a bit clicky in the backs. She has daily turnout and to be honest not an awful lot of work over the winter due to this awful weather but she is still sound and very happy and she isn't creaky or stiff like she used to be!
Personally I have had the best results from it, but I know some horses either take longer to see the results or it just doesn't work.
I really hope you have some luck with it, as personally I can't rate the stuff enough!

clip_clop

Visit site
My cob has had 2 lots of Tildren for bone spavin, first administration sept 2011, 2nd April 2012. The difference in him was amazing, he went from being very lame to sound in a short period of time, he's still sound now and hasn't needed anymore treatment at all, he isn't on bute at all either

kgj66

Visit site
Thanks for replies so far. She is currently only being turned out for a couple hours a day in a small paddock but might revisit this with vet. I think 24/7 turnout or light exercise might be better?

0310Star

Visit site
My vet recommended continued work and turnout as normal for mine so maybe ask your vet? Think maybe she was kept in the day she had it done but was out as usual the following day!

xRobyn

Visit site
My gelding was treated for SI issues with Tildren (alongside steroids) in February 2012. Was 2/10ths lame behind and had been lame since November 2011.

Was put on box rest with in-hand walks for 4 weeks approx, then allowed turnout in a small paddock. Walks increased by 5-10 minutes a week and at 6 weeks introduced poles and long reining etc. He was re-treated with the Tildren in May 2012 and I was allowed back onboard at the end of June.

He's like a new horse! *touch wood* he's been fine since then and we're approaching a year since the last treatment.

Milkmaid

Visit site
My ex-racer had Tildren twice @ 6 monthly intervals followed by more a year later (was sound just had it as a kind of insurance!) He was lame with spavins, injecting the joints didn't work but the Tildren worked magic!
This was about 7 yrs ago & he's still sound and in work at the age of 22!