Tim Stockdale Tour

nomis

Visit site
Tim Stockdale Tour - H&H News

Is it only me who thinks that calling this a "UK Tour" is really funny
grin.gif
, considering it only takes in Surrey, Wiltshire, Herefordshire, Lancashire and Hampshire....

What happened to Scotland, Wales and Ireland if its "supposed" to be a "UK Tour"??

Note to the advertisers - dont call it a "UK Tour" when its not!

It is just about as bad as the commentators calling a sportsman who comes from Scotland, Wales or Ireland "British" when they win in sport....but when they dont, they call them the "Scots Man, or Welsh Man etc".....
blush.gif
grin.gif

Bundle20

Visit site
Poor Nomis - obviously you come from somewhere other than Surrey, Wiltshire, Herefordshire , Lancashire or Hampshire but I think you can still call it a UK tour afterall they are all in the UK!
Commentators call people by their countries when it is National or Commonwealth competitions and British when it is Global usually. Although saying that Scotland can keep Andy Murray if they like! We have got Lewis Hamilton - can we call him English?

summertoots

Visit site
Your right..a UK tour would sugest it would be taking part in ALL parts of the UK, and not just England. Don't let it wind you up though, just not worth it.
smile.gif

nomis

Visit site
Steady folks......dont think going to see Tim would be high on my agenda....
grin.gif

I was just stating a fact that a UK tour includes ALL parts, not just several counties in England.

You are welcome to Lewis Hamilton btw....
grin.gif
...much prefer Felipe Massa.

Rambo

Visit site
Can't see the problem personally....they've got all areas of the UK covered....Herefordshire (West)....Lancashire (North)....just a shame they couldn't come further south than Surry tbh
tongue.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

Oh, and btw, Tim gives an excellent lecture/demo as I was lucky enough to witness when he was on his global tour last year...and popped down to Kent. Humorous, informative and generally entertaining...would recommend it to anyone (even a foreigner !)
smile.gif

skewbaldpony

Visit site
.. and indeed, should he pop home between dates, can it authentically be called a Tour?
Should it perhaps be rebranded 'Tim Stockdale pops out now and again to see people in various but not all parts of the British Isles, admittedly with a slight emphasis on the Home Counties'?
Has a certain ring to it.
laugh.gif

nomis

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
.. and indeed, should he pop home between dates, can it authentically be called a Tour?
Should it perhaps be rebranded 'Tim Stockdale pops out now and again to see people in various but not all parts of the British Isles, admittedly with a slight emphasis on the Home Counties'?
Has a certain ring to it.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

and it does have that "certain ring" to it...
grin.gif

I like your style......PMSL...
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
global tour last year...and popped down to Kent

[/ QUOTE ]

So do we assume that the "Global Tour" was in fact the "actual UK" tour if he managed down to Kent as well....LOL
grin.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif

Over2You

Visit site
Totally agree! The English seem to think the north of Britain is Northumbria or Newcastle. And it's not just Tim, Ellen Whitaker was really bad at HOYS. Twice she referred to the English (British) riders when Scott Brash had won the Foxhunter and others like Douglas Duffin were doing well. And it is a known fact that when Welsh or Scottish athletes win or come close to it, they are British, but quickly become Scottish and Welsh when they do badly. There's no point denying it. Ask anyone north or east of the border and you'll soon get your answer! It is no wonder the English aren't popular when you get arrogance like Stockdale is exhibiting.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
It is no wonder the English aren't popular when you get arrogance like Stockdale is exhibiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. The war in Iraq has got nothing on this diplomatic blunder. Brown should resign.

Honestly.

skewbaldpony

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
What on earth ...are you being serious??!!!! Tim is an excellent abassador for equestrian sport

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I LOOK like I'm being serious?

You think I REALLY feel the PM should resign over this?

Gawd, I think I'll go and talk to my horse
grin.gif

clipclop

Visit site
He is coming to Devon on the 22/23 for the South West Equine Fair.

Perhaps those dates are just the dates that go with that Charity?
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Totally agree! The English seem to think the north of Britain is Northumbria or Newcastle. And it's not just Tim, Ellen Whitaker was really bad at HOYS. Twice she referred to the English (British) riders when Scott Brash had won the Foxhunter and others like Douglas Duffin were doing well. And it is a known fact that when Welsh or Scottish athletes win or come close to it, they are British, but quickly become Scottish and Welsh when they do badly. There's no point denying it. Ask anyone north or east of the border and you'll soon get your answer! It is no wonder the English aren't popular when you get arrogance like Stockdale is exhibiting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like salt, vinegar, or both with that
tongue.gif
blush.gif