Tim Stockdale's a winner!!

1life

Visit site
Who watched the fabulous King George Cup class this afternoon? It really was nail-biting with great coverage from Sky.

A great competition and truly chuffed to see Tim come through and win. It was great to see how much it meant to him, bet it still hasn't really sunk in yet. Congratulation Mr Stockdale and Kalico Bay!

1life

Visit site
Sky Sports 4. I usually begrudge paying the extra fee for the sports channels (hubby and son are sport-mad so my arguing that we don't need it is pointless) but I was so glad i could tune in for Hickstead. For once they were having to record things while I had my viewing time ;)

Rambo

Visit site
I was there watching from thr Greene's restaurant alongside tje ring. It was a great class and a very popular win for Tim who was full of praise for his horse. Felt a little sorry that Billy Congo had the last fence in the JO as he looked class act throughout...especially considering his relative lack of experience at that level but nonetheless, the future looks much brighter for British SJ'ing all of a sudden :)

1life

Visit site
Lucky you being there today Rambo, it must've been a great atmosphere. Couldn't agree more, it was fab to see a huge amount of British talent at the show and some brilliant riding. Billy Congo is such a fab little rubber ball, isn't he?

badattitude

Visit site
I was there too. It was an excellent jump off.and i love Tim so it was great he won but I have to say (waits to be mobbed by the british) that Kevin Staut rode the most amazing jump off round. He was the only one to go inside the two parts of the double and his horse barely breathed on the last which fell. He was three seconds faster than Robert and more than one faster than Tim, he would have been an equally deserving winner.

Rambo

Visit site
I was there too. It was an excellent jump off.and i love Tim so it was great he won but I have to say (waits to be mobbed by the british) that Kevin Staut rode the most amazing jump off round. He was the only one to go inside the two parts of the double and his horse barely breathed on the last which fell. He was three seconds faster than Robert and more than one faster than Tim, he would have been an equally deserving winner.

I agree he rode a good jump-off...but ultimately it's about leaving the fences up which he failed to do. The two horses above him are far less experienced at that level too.

badattitude

Visit site
I agree he rode a good jump-off...but ultimately it's about leaving the fences up which he failed to do. The two horses above him are far less experienced at that level too.

Do you always state the obvious? For sure the jumps must stay up but that horse was considered to be unrideable by one of your British champions two years ago when Kevin got it. And it may have more experience but then by that measure Tim and Robert should have won as they are twice his age nearly and have much more experience as riders. Therefore in my opinion an even contest. You need a bit of luck to win. Tim was lucky not to be jumped off twice in the first round and Kevin was unlucky having ridden a brilliant jump off, that a barely touched pole rolled. Other horses hit fences much harder and got away with it, including Robert in the combination. Last year Tim took a flyer at the last and did not get away with it, this year it worked. Credit where credit due surely?

Rambo

Visit site
Do you always state the obvious? For sure the jumps must stay up but that horse was considered to be unrideable by one of your British champions two years ago when Kevin got it. And it may have more experience but then by that measure Tim and Robert should have won as they are twice his age nearly and have much more experience as riders. Therefore in my opinion an even contest. You need a bit of luck to win. Tim was lucky not to be jumped off twice in the first round and Kevin was unlucky having ridden a brilliant jump off, that a barely touched pole rolled. Other horses hit fences much harder and got away with it, including Robert in the combination. Last year Tim took a flyer at the last and did not get away with it, this year it worked. Credit where credit due surely?

Well, i see where you get your username from anyway...sheesh....talk about jumping down my throat !

eoe

Visit site
And very well deserved, the atmosphere there was absolutely amazing as normal, I didn't mind who won out of Robert, Tim and Will but am really pleased that Tim won he rode an amazing round, his groom burst into tears as Tim landed over the last fence when she realised he had won the class, as per normal a lovely very well run event can't wait for next year.