Time between tests?

PorkChop

Visit site
Oh my goodness, hours - however it was a local venue so we went home and came back!

I used to event so you can be there all day - for two, run of the mill tests, I think if there were more than two and a half hours between tests I don't think I would bother with both :)

miss_c

Visit site
I think if there were more than two and a half hours between tests I don't think I would bother with both :)

That's my current thinking... have forked out £18 per test for BD on Saturday to find I have 3 1/2 hours between tests (both novices) and from looking through times some people will have 4 hours or so... As a result my pony will be on the lorry from 7.30am to 4.30pm and it's really not fair on her, but £18 is a lot to lose for one test if that makes sense?

ihatework

Visit site
For a regular comp I wouldn't hang around for 3.5 hours unless I was really chasing qual points. I'd just forefit £18 and drop a test

miss_c

Visit site
Think that's what I'll have to do... will call them tomorrow on the off chance they can sort something. Frustrating when I've had to take the day off work to go and compete!

Last edited:

tatty_v

Visit site
I pulled out the other day when my first test (a prelim) was at 3pm on a Sunday and my second (novice) wasn't until 5.30pm. I've never had such a big gap at other venues and I think it's because the classes were too full and there's only one arena. It was annoying to lose the entry fee (the only venue around here who won't hold it over for you as well!) but I just decided not to compete there again. We're only doing unaffiliated and I didn't fancy getting back late on a Sunday and asking my pony to wait around for so long. Normally we're done by 2pm at the latest!

LouisCat

Visit site
I'd probably just give them a call and explain the situation. They'll probably try and help you out if they know there is an issue :)

Nicnac

Visit site
Wouldn't both me. We often have this eventing. By the time you finish your first test, come back get untacked, have something to drink/eat, collect results, chat to people, get tacked up again and warm up for second test then the time will go. Wouldn't count the travelling time as horse being on lorry as horse will only be 'standing around' on lorry for just over a couple of hours which isn't that long at all.

miss_c

Visit site
Update...

They have very kindly offered me a day stable for Genie free of charge so she won't be stood on the lorry for hours and hours. They did offer to carry one or both entries over to their next show but having taken the day off for this show that wouldn't work for me. I am very pleased with the solution they have offered and happily accepted their apologies. They have 3 arenas running all day, and I think a lot of the problem has been caused by mixing unaffiliated with the BD.

miss_c

Visit site
Wouldn't count the travelling time as horse being on lorry as horse will only be 'standing around' on lorry for just over a couple of hours which isn't that long at all.

She would have been stood on the lorry from arrival about 8am until second class finishes and have results some point after 3.30pm. However all sorted now fortunately! :)

Sheep

Visit site
Update...

They have very kindly offered me a day stable for Genie free of charge so she won't be stood on the lorry for hours and hours. They did offer to carry one or both entries over to their next show but having taken the day off for this show that wouldn't work for me. I am very pleased with the solution they have offered and happily accepted their apologies. They have 3 arenas running all day, and I think a lot of the problem has been caused by mixing unaffiliated with the BD.

Excellent result, now good luck for the comp!

Nicnac

Visit site
She would have been stood on the lorry from arrival about 8am until second class finishes and have results some point after 3.30pm. However all sorted now fortunately! :)

Oh ok - thought you were leaving at time stated. Great news all sorted. Good luck!

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Looking at the weather forecast you may have another problem now F. We were going schooling for the first time in months and we've postponed until Tuesday. Good luck if you go.

eggs

Visit site
Classes seem to be a lot bigger at the moment as Regionals are fast approaching and people are out doing their final run throughs.

The longest I once had between tests was 6 hours although fortunately as the venue was only a 30 minute drive away I went home after my first test and returned later for the second.

Batgirl

Visit site
I must be mean, I regualrly take mine for a full day, He might stand in the trailer for a couple fo hours while I support some friends, then be ridden for first test, then a couple hours, then 2nd test then a couple fo hours whille I support antoher friend. I don't think much of it really.

Though I have had a stable given to me by a friendly venue before which was welcome :)

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Gosh, I'd LOVE to have that long to mooch around between tests! Maybe even have a kip......but then I'm usually rushing around between several horses.