TIME FOR A NEW RIDING HAT

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
having had my hat for quite a few years now, and having had three falls in recent years resulting in concussion and loss of memory each time, what do people recommend nowadays as being the best headwear?

AFB

Visit site
Something with the most up to date safety standard - then it depends on your budget, the shape of your head and whether you're looking for peaked or skull. The options are endless...

ArklePig

Visit site
Sorry I have to ask, but when you hurt your head the second time did it occur to you you might have been better protected if you'd replaced the first time?

I second going to a shop, I'm a 57cm in one brand and 60 in another so always good to get fitted if you're buying something new. Where I am tack shops are open as essential service, is that an option for you?

Meg_99

Visit site
To get back on topic, I like the HKM ones. Cheap enough and they all look good. Kask have a huge selection and are very nice but they're definitely an investment. Charles Owen are also a good one.

throwawayaccount

Visit site
I have a samshield helmet which I love. it is so comfy and I feel completely protected in it.

personally, I found that the charles owen helmets gave me migraines- depending on your budget, I would definitely recommend a samshield.

ApacheWarrior1

Visit site
Sorry I have to ask, but when you hurt your head the second time did it occur to you you might have been better protected if you'd replaced the first time?

I second going to a shop, I'm a 57cm in one brand and 60 in another so always good to get fitted if you're buying something new. Where I am tack shops are open as essential service, is that an option for you?

I did go and get my hat checked each time I fell and it was deemed safe.:)