time to get to comp

madeleine1

Visit site
I have a competition to go to on sunday and im not sure what time I need to be there as it doesnt have timings on the class. The rings I want to be in both start at 9:30 and im in class 7 in one ring and class 8 in the other.

how long do u think a show jumping class takes and how long does a show class take.
what time roughly do u think id need to be there.
its a local show but is quite popular

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Depends on how many entries! I usually contact the show centre to ask them what time they anticipate the class will start. My local one usually says allow 45 mins per class but in reality at that particular centre it's more like 2 hours! They start their 70cm class at 10am so by their reckoning, you should expect a 90cm class to start approx 2 hours later, if they go up 10cm each class. Never happens... I've arrived there about 11.30am/ midday, expecting the class to start soon, only to find my class hasn't started for another 3 hours...

For class 7 and 8 I wouldn't bother being there before lunch time personally, but the risk with these shows is that they only have a handful of entries and you end up missing your class. I find it really tricky to gauge SJ class times, much prefer DR and eventing where I have start times!

madeleine1

Visit site
Depends on how many entries! I usually contact the show centre to ask them what time they anticipate the class will start. My local one usually says allow 45 mins per class but in reality at that particular centre it's more like 2 hours! They start their 70cm class at 10am so by their reckoning, you should expect a 90cm class to start approx 2 hours later, if they go up 10cm each class. Never happens... I've arrived there about 11.30am/ midday, expecting the class to start soon, only to find my class hasn't started for another 3 hours...

For class 7 and 8 I wouldn't bother being there before lunch time personally, but the risk with these shows is that they only have a handful of entries and you end up missing your class. I find it really tricky to gauge SJ class times, much prefer DR and eventing where I have start times!

I know. Normally I DR and its much easier