Time to look for a puppy

Clodagh

Visit site
Well it will be time to get another pup next year.
I know a lot of dogs in the east but now I'm in deep west it would make more sense to look round here. I have got plenty of picking up lined up so I may well find a good dog or bitch just on the circuit.
I thought that really I'd be better looking for one that is built for this terrain, my Essex birds may struggle. Tawny is built like a cob and Pen a tiny whippety thing. Ffee, being Welsh bred, is probably the most physically correct for here, long, big and powerful.
I think I'll go black this time, :)
Pointless post but I love puppy hunting!

P3LH

Visit site
Exciting. Teaching my granny to suck eggs here but I often think the best and most ‘locally suited’ gun dogs are keeper bred rather than big kennels etc. Do you know what colour/sex you will go for?

Clodagh

Visit site
I am not a fan of keeper bred, too many people do a days beating and sell pups as keeper bred. And they rarely have extensive health tests.
My best bitch is from ftch x ftw so I will try for something like that again. I like them a bit high wired.
Black bitch ?

Thistle

Visit site
Toasts sister has just been mated to a decent sire. both parents full good health tests, they are keeper bred, pups will be full siblings to Abbi's bitch Tess, she's rangy and athletic, 26 kg at a year old, long and leggy like her name sake Tess Daly!, sire is Tibea Malt of Sealsun, both parents are black (carrying yellow) so should be plenty of black pups, it's her 3rd litter I think. Toast is Terracehills Toast at Amroabri if you want to look the dam's pedigree up.

http://www.sealsun.co.uk/stud-dogs-hampshire_39.html

Last edited:

Clodagh

Visit site
Why do people only use photos of seated dogs in adverts? When I’m on my computer I will have a proper look and see if I can find a picture of him standing up.

dunthing

Visit site
Not sure where you are located now, but our black bitch was from https://www.cynhinfasportingdogs.com
Just on the Wales/Shropshire border
We have a Cynhinfa dog, nine years old now. He is super intelligent, a fast learner and loves to learn new things. Ours has a super pedigree with Drakeshead and Pocklea bloodlines. His grandsire is Cynhinfa Elector.

buddylove

Visit site
We have a Cynhinfa dog, nine years old now. He is super intelligent, a fast learner and loves to learn new things. Ours has a super pedigree with Drakeshead and Pocklea bloodlines. His grandsire is Cynhinfa Elector.
Awww, Ola is 7 this time, she is by Cynhinfa John. She has a fab temperament, lovely family dog and will work for anyone, just for the love of the job.

Bellasophia

Visit site
how exciting..please share your search with us.I love puppy hunting ( through others) …thistles link has some wonderful health scores on those labs..I’d get one of those ,Toast looked so nice in the pics we saw a while back.

maisie06

Visit site
Well it will be time to get another pup next year.
I know a lot of dogs in the east but now I'm in deep west it would make more sense to look round here. I have got plenty of picking up lined up so I may well find a good dog or bitch just on the circuit.
I thought that really I'd be better looking for one that is built for this terrain, my Essex birds may struggle. Tawny is built like a cob and Pen a tiny whippety thing. Ffee, being Welsh bred, is probably the most physically correct for here, long, big and powerful.
I think I'll go black this time, :)
Pointless post but I love puppy hunting!

I know of some lovely Field Trial bred Spingers!!! LOL....*runs off before something is chucked at me!!*

Clodagh

Visit site
Ok, a friend who has an amazing bitch is deciding whether to put her in pup again. If he does he will probably use Belspraddle Otto. She went to him last time and the pups were fantastic.
So, I hope that happens.
If not I will try and wing it a bit, I like to have one reserved but tbh there’s never a shortage of lab pups and I’m not such a brilliant trainer that I need perfection.

druid

Visit site
Otto is flying in trials.

I really like Declan Boyle's young black dog he just made up to FTCh - Jake of Blackburn, if there's any litters by him I'd look at those. He's Tullyah Gundogs on facebook.

Clodagh

Visit site
Otto is flying in trials.

I really like Declan Boyle's young black dog he just made up to FTCh - Jake of Blackburn, if there's any litters by him I'd look at those. He's Tullyah Gundogs on facebook.

He’s very handsome. He’s also in Scotland. I’m in Devon!