Time to say goodbye

dodgers89

Visit site
Back in March I decided that the horse I have on loan isn't the right horse for me. I got in touch with his owners and we agreed that I would continue to look after him for 3 months we tried to find someone to buy him.
He's a fab horse but needs a very confident rider to give him a good ticking off when he's badly behaved. Lots of people were interested but no takers.
After the 3 months were up, the lady on my yard said she would look after him at least until she found another companion for her horse.
I've been trying to keep my distance, foolishly believing it would make things easier when the time came for him to go.
Then last week a lady contacted me saying she would like to try him. She came yesterday and he was good as gold and she fell in love with him (of course!) and is making arrangements to move him in the next few days.
It turns out that distancing myself did not make it easier when I went to say goodbye last night! Lots and lots of tears followed while my poor husband stood patiently and let me take a million photos! I hope I can stay in touch so I don't end up back on the forum trying to track him down in a few years time.
I guess this post is a bit pointless but being the only horse person in my family, it's nice to have an outlet :)
So bye Dino, it's been great!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
It is difficult when a loan horse is sold, even if it wasn't the right horse for you, you still get attached. I hope that the new owner does let both the seller and you know how he settles in his new home.

*hugs*