Time to say goodbye?????

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
UPDATE
My boy has told me it’s time, finding it difficult to walk now, if I didn’t know any better I would swear he could sense my hesitation so made it obvious for me. Vet booked for Tuesday. 22 years of ownership is a long time. Can’t really remember life without him!!

Every horse deserves an owner who will take this decision. I hope everything goes as well as it can. Take care.

Getbackboys

Visit site
Leandy i do agree with what you say, but as the vet couldnt tell me what was actually wrong and the fact my horse sat up like a dog 3 times so he wasnt ready to lie down and die just left me feeling like we could have tried harder, i guess it is just grief that makes me feel that way.

so sorry you are having to go through this but yes as one poster said you will feel relief when it is all over hugs

PC Steele

Visit site
Can anyone give me advice/options on what to do afterwards? My yard manager asked me about ashes, with previous horses I haven’t had anything but this horse is seriously special to me. I’m going to have his tail hair.

Surbie

Visit site
Can anyone give me advice/options on what to do afterwards? My yard manager asked me about ashes, with previous horses I haven’t had anything but this horse is seriously special to me. I’m going to have his tail hair.

I am so, so sorry. He is a gorgeous boy and he has had the best of everything with you.

Our mutual Dutch friend had ashes with Dessy, and I've had a few things made from shoes by Rob at Wildfire Forge.

Many, many hugs and I will be thinking of you both on Tuesday.

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I stayed with my boy for 2 1/2hrs after he went as it was late Friday evening. It was somehow comforting as I just talked to him recalling all our memories. The hardest part was leaving knowing I would never touch him again. It does get easier but I do miss him. The field where he used to live is still called his field. Now 2 of my other ponies (who are related to him) are kept in there. Sending hugs.