Time to upgrade to 7.5t and what to do with the 3.5t????

michelleyork

Visit site
Morning All,

I have a lovely 3.5t Regent box that I bought as a new build last year, but now am in the position where I need some thing larger and with some living in it (specifically shower and toilet!).

So do I try and sell my 3.5t privately or chop it in against the new box? Just concerned that if I sell privately I may rush a bit to find a replacement, or find the replacement and not have sold the current box - I need the money from my 3,5t to go towards the new box. I compete a fair bit, and use the current box at least twice a week - also have a horse that can suffer with colic so cant really be without transport.

Any one had experiences with companies doing a part exchange or recommend a direction for me to go in??

The new lorry doesnt have to be 7.5t - it can be anywhere from 6t upwards, but dont really want to go over 10t as i go to shows etc on my own and it needs to be an easy wagon to deal with. Unfortunately I am not in the position to purchase a brand new prestige or oakley - ideally I am at £25,000 (plus vat if applicable).

Thanks
Michelle

PaddyMonty

Visit site
3.5t boxes do tend to sell very easily. My experience leads me to believe that you will get a better deal buying your new box if you dont have a part ex. If you were considering px then you would have to be going to a dealer. In this case I would find the lorry you want. Put a deposit on it with an agreement to take delivery wihin a month then sell the 3.5t before taking delivery.