Timewaster from a professional yard!!

exracerfan

Visit site
I had several missed calls and eventually took a call from someone calling herself Diane in response to my horse for sale advert. I am selling both my horses as I am having to retire from riding and it is heartbreaking enough without being messed about. I explained that I dont live where I keep them and asked to be notified if she found at last minute that she could not come. We arranged to meet last night at 6pm. I waited for almost an hour, rang her number 3 times and got no answer, so went home.

I then googled her number, which I probably should have done before, and was surprised to see it come up on a racing (point to pointing) site. Its a professional racing yard at Melton Mowbray! I have heard nothing since and cannot believe that someone from that yard thinks so little of wasting peoples time! Sick or what??

My horses are both superb quality animals and I am reluctant to let just anyone come and try them, so will be even more nervous now about who I arrange to come and see them. Just wish to hell I didnt have to part with them.

goneshowjumping

Visit site
what a heartbreaking choice to have to make.
can you not loan them out at least then you can still see them (sorry i dont know your circumstances)
and to be honest anyone that comes from a yard like that and can waste your time does not deserve your horses.
why cant people just make a call out of courtesy if they cannot make it for whatever reason.
sorry your having to sell your horses, and I hope you find amazing homes for them.

bexwarren24

Visit site
As upsetting as it is, this is the nature of selling horses. The recent pony I had for sale I had not one but TWO people go as far as to say they were coming down the next day with the cash and a trailer and at a certain time. Neither turned up. Its hard i know but i think you just have to be prepared for time wasters. In my experience you get no less timewaters when you look to loan either.