Tinsel in manes?

skewbaldmillie

Visit site
I've (possibly stupidly!) entered a Christmas puissance next weekend and they want all horses in Christmas fancy dress. How can I plait tinsel into a mane? I would plait into tail but have just pulled!
Thanks (and sorry for an early Xmas post!!)

PorkChop

Visit site
I would have it tight to the neck and then plait over it - so it goes between your three branches at the start of the plait. So first branch under, second branch over, third branch under.

Does this make sense, I am rubbish at explaining things, but it does work :)

Shay

Visit site
Plait as normal - up on the crest if you can. Then weave the tinsel back and forth between the plaits - you need 2 strands or one very long bit you can go top to bottom and back. To be really secure stitch the tinsel through the plaits - but I have been known to hold it in place with those blingy ring things you can have for BD now.

If you are feeling really adventurous you can get bells from any craft store and then either stich those through the plaits too - or thread them onto the braid-eze wires. (Or garden wire - does the same thing but costs less)

only_me

Visit site
I plait and roll as normally and then attach some tinsel around each plait and secure with a band :)

Bad pic
be1b1bed6e205ff0d5bc7284b9b991e2_zps916599ec.jpg

d5ef2c048b0cf5badbe687f808c7d4fb_zpsd76609f9.jpg

Last edited:

Elbie

Visit site
For the tail at Christmas I put a bobble around the tail and place it right at the top as high as I can get it. I then tie and long strand or 2 of tinsel onto the band. I also make a neck strap out of tinsel. I haven't used tinsel in the mane but you could do a running plait and work the tinsel in with one of the bunches. My mum has saved up loads of bells from those lindt reindeer and rabbits so last year I attached those to the mane.

XxCoriexX

Visit site
Hi i'm not sure what type of horse you have but if your horse has a long enough mane you can do a running plait along the crest and weave the tinsel through I have done this on a freisian and it look very pretty