Tip to help balance

tanira3

New User
Visit site
I am currently riding a wizzy pony (love her but...) I find myself tipping forward sometimes or just not necessarily able to slow her with my seat as well as I'd like (do it for a bit then I find we've whizzed off down the long side). Any tips to help me improve my seat/slow her down. She is a youngster so hoping balance will improve in time but I want to help her so she can help herself. I've taken up yoga to help my core but any other suggestions are welcome

JFTDWS

Visit site
Whilst working on your seat, if you deal with the tension and silliness, you'll have an easier job - I would try to use school movements to settle and steady the pony, so you need to rely less on either hands or seat to slow her.

cundlegreen

Visit site
Whilst working on your seat, if you deal with the tension and silliness, you'll have an easier job - I would try to use school movements to settle and steady the pony, so you need to rely less on either hands or seat to slow her.
Check out Ritter dressage on FB. They have just done a 5 day challenge with some very useful exercises to slow down the horse, and improve the riders position and how it influences the horse. I've already done some of them, and it makes you think about where the horse is placing it's legs.