Tips for correct canter lead

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Oh... Well at least getting the right canter lead has enabled you to find a niggle I suppose, but sorry he's not right. Will keep everything crossed that the diagnostics are straightforward and the problem easily resolved x

UKa

community.webshots.com
Changing out of a circle to the other rein and staying on the old bend for a few strides means the old inside hind still keeps its weight while being new outside hind and strike off into canter that way. Works pretty well.

SEL

Visit site
Changing out of a circle to the other rein and staying on the old bend for a few strides means the old inside hind still keeps its weight while being new outside hind and strike off into canter that way. Works pretty well.
He's been managing a cracking counter canter - I'd tried changing through a circle.

That pushes your inside hip forwards, which was the advice I was going to give, push your inside hip forwards.
I have a suspicion my natural wonkiness pushes the wrong hip forward on the right rein - in fact I was kind of hoping it was that. Tried again yesterday though and front legs nailed the correct lead whilst back legs disunited and trotted.

Vet out on Wed. I don't want to assume it's a training issue (or riding) unless I get the all clear.