tips on scarcoids please

smossy

Visit site
Going to see a mare tomorrow aged 19 years old for myself,the lady has been very honest and has told me that the mare has had scarcoids on her ears and they have been removed,leaving marks. They were treated by a vet.
Have known several horses having on nose and chest.
Does any one have any advise on treatment and how long it takes to clear,if they do reappear.
This mare sounds ideal for me as I have completly lost the plot and will mainly be as a companion/hack.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I think as the lady has been very honest, go and see the horse and see how you get on. Sarcoids can reappear at any time but some horses have them and they disappear and never return. You might want to consider an immunity boosting supplement if you do take on the mare: Sarc-ex from Global Herbs has a good reputation.

smossy

Visit site
Thanks,will look at her and have that in back of mind,the horse sounds really good for me,even though she is 19 yrs old,looks good as well.
Keeping fingers crossed

Thanks again as not had a horse with them before.

Laura1812

Visit site
I would say at 19yrs, if having had sarcoids was the worst of her problems then she is a good bet. If she currently doesn't have any I wouldn't be too worried at all.

If she was 9, it would be different IMO.

akashapachamama

Visit site
You could try Thuja cream. Its a homeopathic remedy for warts and sarcoids. My 18 yo mare has one behind her ear and Im planning on trying this.

Gilbey

Visit site
If you get her, put her on Echinacea leaf as it has cured my horse competely, and also my friends dressage horse who had several by the girth. Nobody recommends this as I have written to the manfacturers about it...but it really does work! It is anti viral and as sarcoids is a virus seemed logical. Good luck with your potential purchase!!

smossy

Visit site
If you get her, put her on Echinacea leaf as it has cured my horse competely, and also my friends dressage horse who had several by the girth. Nobody recommends this as I have written to the manfacturers about it...but it really does work! It is anti viral and as sarcoids is a virus seemed logical. Good luck with your potential purchase!!

Thanks for the info,she has arrived today and need to get something to help get rid of the sarcoids,they don't seem to bother her,got it wrong as misunderstood that they had gone completely,my fault.
The vet had given the lady some cream from Liverpool but they went really angry and seemed to multiply. Where do you get this Echinacea from and how do i use it.
Sounds promising

JanetGeorge

www.horseandhound.co.uk
The vet had given the lady some cream from Liverpool but they went really angry and seemed to multiply. Where do you get this Echinacea from and how do i use it.

IF the vet gave previous owner Liverpool Cream to use herself I'd be VERY surprised!! Liverpool Cream HAS to be applied by a vet. If the sarcoids have multiplied, PLEASE do NOT try to treat them yourself - get a GOOD vet to lookat them and ideally consult with Prof. Knottenbolt at Liverpool University!

If Prof. K. supplied cream to previous owner's vet, he will have pictures on file of how the sarcoids were BEFORE treatment and can best advise on how to continue treatment. Remedies recommended on this forum MIGHT work with SOME sarcoids on SOME occasions; but they could easily make things far worse.

Beans1

Visit site
Sorry hijacking thread. . . . .. Please could anybody tell me where I can get thuja cream or bloodclot cream and as far as using echinacea, can I use the normal homeopathic tablets?

stacey_lou

Visit site
Im glad I have came accross this post, may I ask why sacoids are so bad, what problems can they cause.

The only reason I ask is beacuse my mare has 2 did have 3 but one was of the skin enough for the vet to remove (a year ago) and its left no mark and shows no signs of coming back.

The other 2 just look liek scabs and cause her no bother and are neither sore or look bad.

Great full for answers

Thank you

emblatinsel

New User
Visit site
Hi, my mare has a wart type sarcoid on her eyelid - dont really want to take her to liverpool as shes no good at travelling and would be too boystress well she was there. Its only small at the moment - she has had it for about 4 months but doesnt seem to bother her at all - could anybody reccomend anything for me to try? Thanks Kate :)