Tired and fed up!

pistolpete

Visit site
Help me decide doing pros and cons etc. My pony is retired at grass livery. Can’t afford to buy another one really but miss riding so much. Been having lessons etc and tried to find a share but it’s been arduous! The grass livery where my boy is has space for another do I look into a loan pony? Keep trying to find an elusive share? Or stick with the hideously expensive lessons and jacks. I’m so fed up. Rowed with the other half and currently sleeping in spare room. I’m sure half of it is the lack of my ‘fix’! Photo of beautiful field ornament for attention!

Attachments

• 0CF68FBE-A0E5-4D93-9C0C-956E0FECAB7B.jpeg
    0CF68FBE-A0E5-4D93-9C0C-956E0FECAB7B.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 55

Boulty

Visit site
I'd look for a lovely loan pony so it can go back if it all goes wrong! You're probably spending a good chunk of what you'd spend on livery on lessons anyway

Wish there was space where I'm at currently for another as I miss riding & god only knows when or if Fuzzball will ever be backed. Maybe I should take his many hints that he intends not to work a day in his life, pack him off to retirement livery somewhere & loan myself something rideable...

pistolpete

Visit site
I do feel your pain. Such a shame old Fuzzball isn’t feeling like being a ridden pony! It’s really not fair!

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Just a thought and possibly not workable but maybe we should have a loan/share section in the forum whereby we can marry up regular members who want to share with those who have ponies available and looking for someone. A bit of basic info and rough location then all done by PM’s.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I would loan one you never know someone on here might know of something.

Remind me why was your other horse retired am I right in thinking his fairly young or am I confusing you with someone else?

throwawayaccount

Visit site
it won't hurt to look, even tentatively- something nice might crop up that would suit you.

sorry about your situation- it must be stressful :( i was saving for another horse initially as mine is constantly in and out the vets. can't afford to now, money has all been swallowed up in vetbills and other bits and bobs. :(

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Just a thought and possibly not workable but maybe we should have a loan/share section in the forum whereby we can marry up regular members who want to share with those who have ponies available and looking for someone. A bit of basic info and rough location then all done by PM’s.

Years ago before Newrider became a pay to join forum, their horses for share section was the first place to look for a share. As long as there was some sort of price limit so it doesn't take trade from Horse and Hounds for sales section. A bit like we're allowed to sell stuff up to £500 in the regional boards. It would be best with it's own section though.

PP If you have time and money to support another one why not, especially if they are in the same place and you have to go up to take care of your existing one.