Tiva

satinbaze

Visit site
Today I am heartbroken as my darling Tiva left us this afternoon. You may remember my post about her splenectomy before Christmas and my decision not to put her through chemotherapy.
she has been brilliant after recovering from the surgery and living life to the full. Unfortunately due to lockdown we didn’t get many of our bucket list achieved but we had many happy days. This morning she was running around the park but then this afternoon she deteriorated quickly obviously having had another massive bleed. My gorgeous girl left us at 6.30 pm.
Run, swim and roll free Tiva

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. I remember you posting about her, and your bucket list. Sorry that lockdown meant you didn't get to do much on the list, but I'm sure she was just as happy with what you did get to do together.

As hard as it is that it had to come to an end, as much as I'd hoped you'd gotten a bit more time together, as lovely it is to hear that she was living life to the fullest, all the way up to the end.
R.I.P. Tiva

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

SAujla

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this, I followed all your updates and I have to say you did so much for this beautiful girl. She was very lucky to be with you.

Chiffy

Visit site
Oh Satinbaze, I am so sorry. Another friend on here asked me how she was doing just before the weekend. I said I had seen her looking very happy recently. ( I was asked because of my flatcoat connection)
So glad she was happy until the last moment. Thoughts are with you. xx ❤️?

palo1

Visit site
How sad for you Satinbaze but it sounds like a good end to a wonderful and love-filled life. Parting with a beloved friend is so hard. :(

cariad

Visit site
I do feel for you, especially given my own present situation. It's awful when they go. It may be some consolation that she went having had a good day and some extra quality time after her surgery.

C.

Bellasophia

Visit site
My first standard poodle died like this...we went to the fields,she ran like a loon..I brought her home and she paced the house,then went to her kitchen bed and collapsed into a coma..
Note.this dog had had intermittent seizures from age. 3.

This particular day she had paced the house relentlessly,so I walked her on her favorite walk...she kept close and looked up at me several times with her special grin. She had difficulty jumping into the car..first time ever,,,then when home she went straight to her bed.
At 12 yrs ,I just knew it was the end coming
I carried her upstairs and I lay on my bed with her...for a few hours she was out of it...then she raised her head,howled..turned her body to look at me and put her head on my leg..then she died.
It was so terribly sad....and yet...once again,for me it was the culmination of the cycle of life...God help me I seem to have been there repeatedly in recent years.
I take huge comfort in the fact the dog lived a full and happy life until the abrupt end. I hope this is the same for you..you know when they have serious health issues it isn’t going to be a smooth run..you do your best for them,and if the end goes as best as it could it is a blessing...and trust me,your heart will be lighter for this.

sophia bellamia.
9487E33F-88EA-411C-B8AA-87ECA9CED9B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss but am sure that you made the right decisions for her at the right time.
Rather like Bellasophia, I had a brown Lab, who had had epileptic seizures since being 18months and died a couple of months before her 15th birthday. I thought that she was having a prolonged seizure and took her to the vet, where a bleeding pancreatic tumour was diagnosed and she was pts. Apparently at 6.00 am she had indicated that her water bowl was almost empty and when it was filled, didn't have a drink but accepted the service as her due. It's best for everyone when it's quick, imo

Moobli

Visit site
That is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for your loss. It must be a comfort to you to know that she was enjoying life right until the end. Thinking of you x