To all the showjumpers

JustMeThen

Visit site
Oh no :-(( It always was my lifetime ambition to jump a Fox (got to 1 m 15 with Catembi before he got sick & died) & now I'll have to think of an alternative. I am a very true & not particularly talented amateur & would def not be able to get a youngster to that level so fast.

I am so glad that this bit of the forum exists, so that I can keep up, despite being sidelined for the foreseeable. Another one who's off to google cashjumping!

Thank you, everyone.

T x

It is only a proposal at the moment as I understand it... I think as many people as possible should email BS saying if they don't agree and hopefully they won't do it :)

SillySausage

Visit site
But when you import a horse, it gets a certain level of winnings on its card according to its age unless you can prove otherwise...

They don't stay with their import winnings it's just an initial amount put on according to their age. When you send in your horse's passport they investigate your horse's foreign winnings. So if you have a horse whose import winnings don't change at all it's worth calling and double checking!!!

lme

Visit site
The proposed changes seem to ignore the needs of most BS members, who are weekend riders. We have 2 horses who jump. Our homebred, who is 12 this year, would at most do BN or maybe Discovery this year as she has just been passed down to 15yo who hasN't done a lot of SJ, from 17yo. 17yo's new WB is still a gangly baby at rising 6, hasn't been to a show since we bought her, in August but will do some BN and Discovery classes this summer. If everything becomes an age class, there won't be much my lot can jump.

pipsqueek

Visit site
I hope they don't change nc/fox to age classes, what about amateurs that cannot produce a horse that quickly? Mine only started sj at the age of 10, and as said earlier in this thread, nc/fox classes would be lower on entries, not good for the show centres!! I am a weekend/one horse owner although jumping 95/1m at the moment but moving her up to 1.05 soon. There has been a posting on uksj forum about the new show categories and they do look a lot better i.e discovery can be run at a level 1 show along with all the amateur classes i.e 85, 95, 1.05 etc, BN/disco can be run combined as 90cm/1m opens as n/c are run as combined 110 now. It isn't that confusing really but it would be helpful maybe if BS let us all know what is happening as the show categories are meant to be changing in April!

sam_

Visit site
I have just read that nc/fox will not be changing this year but not sure what the future will bring, fingers crossed they won't change it!
As for the leagues from what i have been reading they sound a near definite! I still don't know how its going to work and still think it will affect alot of one horse riders and there aims with there horses, I do wish they would hurry up and come to a decision so everyone knows what is actually going to happen!

claire_p2001

asdexploitvangroenhove.weebly.com
I have just read that nc/fox will not be changing this year but not sure what the future will bring, fingers crossed they won't change it!
As for the leagues from what i have been reading they sound a near definite! I still don't know how its going to work and still think it will affect alot of one horse riders and there aims with there horses, I do wish they would hurry up and come to a decision so everyone knows what is actually going to happen!

Thats great news about NC/Fox

Still rubbish news about the leagues i guess I will just have to dream about getting to HOYS for now :)

little_flea

Visit site
I am very much against the NC/Fox as age classes. We already have age classes! My mare started late due to breeding and she has been slow to mature but she is a great jumper now at Fox level - I want her to do NC second rounds this year.

Not all amateurs want to jump less than 1.10 - fair enough that there might not be enough of us to warrant separate classes, but don't exclude us from the ones we actually want to jump! Personally I have no intention of flying round like mad to jump 1.10m in the bronze league, and the silver will be too big and strong in the semi finals and final (not that I'd get to any of these but still...)

SazzyB

Visit site
I have become disillusioned with the whole BS classes. I was competing in the Amateur classes, which was tricky because I usually have my days off in the week, and most of the classes are at the weekends. Still, I qualified but when I saw that the final was at Aintree, and the costs involved, and then realised that most of the others qualified are full time professional riders, including those who've jumped at HOYS etc. then I realised it is pointless trying to qualify. I thought they were amateur classes. As in, for amateurs. Not professional riders!!

My horse is out of British Novice but I've only just started competing again after a 3 year break, when we had started Newcomers. So I have to start at Discovery or do the stupid HC rule and jump BN.

Addington seem to have come up with a great idea - a Training Day. It is a competition, identical schedule to BS except it starts with an 85cm before the 90cm, runs the same heights as BS but you don't have to be registered. Brilliant!! I suspect more centres might start to do the same. I think they may have started up these classes as the BS days entries were dropping.

Why can't BS modernise?

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
Im annoyed the 1.20 has gone from HOYs. I was producing mine for that. Not a fan of the league atm but I will give it time.

Although mine is capable of fox at 6/7 I would rather it stayed the same and they ran a 6/7 year old section alongside it if that is what they want to do!

JustMeThen

Visit site
I have become disillusioned with the whole BS classes. I was competing in the Amateur classes, which was tricky because I usually have my days off in the week, and most of the classes are at the weekends. Still, I qualified but when I saw that the final was at Aintree, and the costs involved, and then realised that most of the others qualified are full time professional riders, including those who've jumped at HOYS etc. then I realised it is pointless trying to qualify. I thought they were amateur classes. As in, for amateurs. Not professional riders!!

My horse is out of British Novice but I've only just started competing again after a 3 year break, when we had started Newcomers. So I have to start at Discovery or do the stupid HC rule and jump BN.

Addington seem to have come up with a great idea - a Training Day. It is a competition, identical schedule to BS except it starts with an 85cm before the 90cm, runs the same heights as BS but you don't have to be registered. Brilliant!! I suspect more centres might start to do the same. I think they may have started up these classes as the BS days entries were dropping.

Why can't BS modernise?

Try cashjumping if there are any shows near you, you can start at whatever height suits you and your horse :)